Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom had back surgery this past Monday--a week ago tomorrow, and it's been a bit rough around here! She had degenerated disc corrected. The doctor said he built a cage to separate her L4 and L5 vertebrate and did a bone graph and put 2 screws in each disc and a bone fusion (or let me say I heard all those words for anyone who may know more than I about what she had done. lol) Anyway, she stayed in the hospital 2 nights and came home. Being an only child, I have been quite a busy care giver!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
My mom had back surgery this past Monday--a week ago tomorrow, and it's been a bit rough around here! She had degenerated disc corrected. The doctor said he built a cage to separate her L4 and L5 vertebrate and did a bone graph and put 2 screws in each disc and a bone fusion (or let me say I heard all those words for anyone who may know more than I about what she had done. lol) Anyway, she stayed in the hospital 2 nights and came home. Being an only child, I have been quite a busy care giver!
hi Tina,
I hope your mom has a speedy recovery. My mother also has degenerated disc problems but I don't know a lot about it. she just turned 86 and she has just been living with the pain. :-(.
A few years back my mother had a hip replacement and that went very well. After the hospital, she went to a rehab and then to my house where the nurses and physical therapists and home health aids came to the house.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Awww Tina! Wishing your mama a speedy and painless recovery. She is so lucky to have you, you are one of the sweetest people I know! Back surgery is very difficult for both the patient and the family, my sister had spinal surgery when she was 14 (I was 19). She had a huge rod placed in her back to straighten her spine due to really bad scoliosis and I remember it being a challenge for us all but we got through it and so will your mom, just take it day by day. Hang in there my love, thinking of you!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much for your kind words and well wishes! It really means a lot!! :D Elaine, I can feel for what your mom goes through knowing what my mom has been living with. My mom is 70, and she has actually had degenerative disc disease for years. In the last couple of years it has somehow been pressing on a nerve, and her quality of life has just gotten so bad and nothing helped. It would be horrible to go through this surgery and not get relief--I certainly hope she sees a huge difference. Zorana, I certainly hope your sister was helped by her surgery. To me, nothing is more horrible than to go through all that for nothing!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a tough surgery to go through! I'm so glad to hear she has someone to take care of her, though!!! There are too many people who wouldn't do that for their parents.

My aunt had back surgery, and I know it was really tough for her. I know she can't do a lot of the things she used to be able to do, anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts