Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
There are a few here who use them successfully. I believe that Kat (Kitty&Kahlua) uses them. You may try to PM her.

My girls rarely go outside (we live on a creek so no fence and we have tons of hawks, owls and coyotes) and like the others, I have them beautifully trained on pads so that is a TON easier than harnessing three of them up every time I think they need to potty.

My favorite part is that now any of the 3 are able to get up in the night (they sleep in bed with us), toddle down their steps, go to a potty pad and then return right away to bed.

I used potty pads in a holder but since have switched to washable hospital chair and bed pads.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Yeah, I do not talk much about my girls not being outside much since so many here walk everyday, have outdoor play areas and such. They go in the car a lot but they are not on the ground often.

A neighbor on the other side of the creek is an avid bicyclist. He goes for marathon sunrise rides. He informed me the other day that he saw the most beautiful sight a couple of weeks ago. A coyote with his mate were crossing the creek FROM MY SIDE and the coyote had a big rabbit hanging from it's mouth. He does not know we have small dogs. He went on and on about it being so stunning.

At least one of mine looks like a rabbit so that sealed the deal for me.

On the potty pad thing, I thought "easy" was better than my saying I was lazy...haha!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.