Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to be an odd question. The other day when I was petting Cricket, she rolled onto her back. Its not the first time she's done that, but the first time I really looked at her belly. I noticed she had some little dirt spots, so I cleaned them off and then noticed she had dried blood around her vagina. Now I don't know how long its been there because I haven't seen any spotting areas in the house as if she were in heat. I'm thinking that its been there since we got her. Well I took as soft a rag as I could, the kind they use for babies, and got it damp, and wiped the area off. It took a bit too. It looks a little red. Its not inflamed or anything. Do you think maybe that was just from me wiping or could it be infected? What signs should I look for in an infection?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It sounds like she may have a bit of a yeast infection. She may need an anti-fungal cream or a shampoo. The lotion or shampoo softens it, trying to rub it off is very painful.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She didn't act like I was hurting her. She wasn't jumpy. In fact she wagged her tail, and tried licking at my face. If it is a yeast infection, how would I tell, and what type of cream can I use? The regular stuff for human women?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.