Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to give the lamb Ziwipeak a go seeing as their venison was about to be up and they LOVED it :) - really happy with Ziwipeak. Just wondered if anyone get the canned version also as it recommends on the pack 'for variety' to give them some canned also. Is adding warm water enough or do you recommend getting the canned version also?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I don't think it's necessary to feed the canned, but you probably could as well if you wanted. It's a bit more pricey than the dry. Gemma hates the dry food but she LOVES the canned. If I could afford to feed her the canned I would, but it's over $2.5 per day here to feed her it. $75 a month, I don't think so!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I was checking out USA canned here t'other day - some of it was over $9 a tin!

Lamb ZP is great, they'll eventually eat it when they're starving ... they hated Venison.

Every now and then, once in a blue moon I'll give my tribe a quarter of one of those little gourmet tins just because I love them (and they don't like any other food I force them to eat). Ssssh I don't believe I admitted to that (canned food), but they've only had 2 tins thus far so one every couple of months isn't too bad for me who's prone to lavishing far too much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was checking out USA canned here t'other day - some of it was over $9 a tin!

Lamb ZP is great, they'll eventually eat it when they're starving ... they hated Venison.

Every now and then, once in a blue moon I'll give my tribe a quarter of one of those little gourmet tins just because I love them (and they don't like any other food I force them to eat). Ssssh I don't believe I admitted to that (canned food), but they've only had 2 tins thus far so one every couple of months isn't too bad for me who's prone to lavishing far too much.
Yh the canned version is quite pricey - I may do the same just because they have a brand called Lilly's Kitchen out here which my local pet store sells that Zeus LOOOVVES and I like it too cs it smells like human casserole when i open the tin :)

I'll probably just give them a can or two each month just as a little treat :) Other than than the Ziwipeak is more than I thought I'de ever pay for dog food so I can't really afford to do both as well as all the other stuff I get for them :/ they're happy anyway and I think the difference in meats and adding water to it will be enough variety.

Its so weird how sometimes I put up a question post and solve my own question LOL!! With a little help from my CP of course....LOL !!
x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
We add in the canned occasionally as well. It's quite expensive though compared to the dry. So we sort of do it as a treat once in a while. Love that they have rabbit & tripe canned so you can add something entirely different. (though I think the tripe is a bit of lamb AND venison but... haha)

It's not necessary but not a bad idea if you can swing it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts