Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lola has received shots at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and now she is scheduled to get her next round of shots tomorrow - she will be 11 weeks old. Is it OK for her to get shots then, or should I postpone the appt. till she is 12 weeks of age?

I called the vet and spoke with the receptionist who said "Yeah, I think it should be OK." :roll: So I thought I would get your opinions! I tried to find information about getting shots early, but couldn't find anything?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think it will be alright Anna, they recommend that DHPP shots be given at least 2 weeks apart, so if she got the last one at 8 weeks, I think she will be ok to get it at 11 weeks. I'm no vet, but maybe Nate will be along who can give his opinion, it seems he has alot of animal health knowledge. :wave:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not a problem, hope all is well with Lola and Bosco :)
Merry Christmas! :santa:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Always glad to share =) Hope what information I know is useful around here.

At 6 weeks, vaccination boosters are not quite as effective as they are at 8 weeks, this has to do with a young dogs ability to produce antibodies. However, if your veterinarian wishes to continue the series, the DHPP boosters should be given within 3 to 4 weeks of each other. So if the first vaccination was given at 6 weeks, second at 8 (can't do anything to turn back time) the next is due between 11-12 weeks of age. Everything should be fine =)

Good luck! -Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts