Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really picked up the pace on tooth brushing for Prince and Lady. Lady has good teeth and I want to keep them that way but Prince being so tiny has had some teeth out. Prince was really OK with brushing because he grew up with it. Lady was a bit more challenging but in a month and a half she has totally turned the corner. She wags her tail and comes for teeth brushing when I am doing Prince's teeth. Thanks to Jaxx's mom, I let her chew on the brush to really get used to it. Once she gets it in her mouth I takes over. So we say thanks Jaxx's for the inspiration.........tooth brushing doesn't have to be torture! :daisy:

All done and chilling on the cool bathroom tile!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
What a good girl! :) And looking so pretty while brushing too!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That's fantastic! Venus is good with toothbrushing, but also has great teeth. Ocean on the other hand, hates having her teeth brushed, despite my best efforts. I do it anyway though lol ;)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
aww. that is great that they are so good with you brushing there teeth !!! I must of missed the video of Jaxx getting his teeth brushed... hmmm. i'll have to look it up. I need some inspritation too. My yorkie has very bad breath and is getting her teeth cleaned at the animal hospital next week. Tootise and Latte got there teeth cleaned when they got spayed. but i'm not too good at brushing there teeth. I know I should though...

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww. that is great that they are so good with you brushing there teeth !!! I must of missed the video of Jaxx getting his teeth brushed... hmmm. i'll have to look it up. I need some inspritation too. My yorkie has very bad breath and is getting her teeth cleaned at the animal hospital next week. Tootise and Latte got there teeth cleaned when they got spayed. but i'm not too good at brushing there teeth. I know I should though...
Definitely look up the video of Jaxx's...very cute! The way I get Lady to chew on the brush for awhile is put a bit of the toothpaste on it. She seems to really like the taste. Since they don't rinse I do wonder if too much toothpaste is bad for them. I don't go overboard but she gets small bit when she chews and another small bit when I brush....

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Aww I am glad Lady likes brushing her teeth too.
Jaxx goes nuts for toothpaste too. I do it the same way as you, I put a little bit on for him to get him to chew and then a little more when I do any spots that he missed.
I need to get Jaxx a new toothbrush he has started to chew on the one he has too much.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts