Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking the dogs today when suddenly I heard shouting followed by a large spaniel bursting through a hedge and running straight for my dogs! They were off lead just enjoying the field when suddenly this great, tubby dog had attached itself to their bottoms and was chasing them around. It got so bad that I had to pick Heidi up coz she was terrified and normally I prefer they learn to stand on their own 4 feet but this dog, whilst very friendly, was so persistant.
I quickly walked the other way and was able to watch the owner run around the park after this dog calling its name. TBH it might as well have belonged to someone else for all the notice it took and finally it ran out of the park, in front of a car and the oppisite direction to me.
On the way back home though, what did I see?
A large tubby spaniel running to and fro across the road with no owner in sight.:mad: So to add insult to injury I had to grab my spare lead and take the blinkin' thing home with me so I could ring the dog warden!!LOL:D Needless to say the Chi's werent happy coz I shut them out of the room with the cats whilst I waited for the owner to pick him up!

You really dont imagine that you will be going home with the dog that ruined your walk!!LOL:lol:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
lol But it was so nice of you to grab it and make sure it got back to it's owner. To this day I am so heartbroken that when a bunch of kids ran the doorbell and ask if the young boxer they found was my dog that I didnt take it in to take it to the SPCA. I left early the next morning and saw it dead along the side of the road. The kids must have just let it loose when they couldn't find it's owner. So sad. So kudos to you that you did the right thing even though it ruined your walk. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
ug that sucks. Happened to us before too. Was in my car and a black lab puppy was running the streets.mCame over to my car and jumped up (scratching my car). I took it home and found where its owner was by the tag. Put it in the back yard and knocked on the door. The owner could have cared less we brought their dog back. No thanks or anytthing. People can be such assholes.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im glad he didnt have to go to a shelter/rescue but I really wish owners would train their dogs better. He was a really friendly, affectionate lad but had clearly had no training. Also was very fat and unfit, I had to push his bum up the stairs in front of my house. Stairs that the Chi's jump up like tiny gazelles despite being shorter then each step!!LOL
Could of been a lovely dog with the right owner..:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts