Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Toby will be 4.5 months old in a couple days and I have decided that it is time for pet insurance before he *God forbid* gets a pre-existing condition, knee issues, etc.

My mom's dogs have VPI, and hasn't really had any complaints but her dogs are generally healthy and they have had it for 5+ years. I am worried about a lot of the things I have heard about VPI (i.e. schedule, only covering ongoing conditions for a year, etc.). I am still considering it, though.

I am looking into:

Embrace
PetPlan
Trupanion
VPI

I definitely want a wellness plan that will cover some shots, etc. along with accident and illness. Looking to spend no more than $40/month.

I live in Florida, USA. Which would you guys suggest? Why? Personal experiences?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I have used petplan..... LOVE it..... they were very prompt with payment and guided me when I needed it with Chico's LP surgeries.... both Chico and Cocoa have Petplan.....

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'd rather take that $40 & put it in a chi piggy bank for emergency issues that way if they don't happen you can buy your chi something nice! lol

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I'd rather take that $40 & put it in a chi piggy bank for emergency issues that way if they don't happen you can buy your chi something nice! lol
$40 a month wouldn't make a dent in the thousands of dollars PetPlan has paid for Jerry's dental
surgery and Tabitha's knee surgery! I definitely recommend the insurance for
anything catastrophic that comes your way. Hopefully you never need it :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Definitely going to pay attention to this thread - I'm looking into pet insurance for both of my dogs. Many people have suggested it, but many others have also said how much of a waste of time it is. Not sure what to believe! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts