Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so firstly I would like to say a big hello to everyone. I am so glad I came across this site.

The reason I am posting is I have a new baby Chi, 15 weeks old now and I must get him insurance. I had some temporary cover from the breeder but it is running out very very shortly. I got a quote from them but it was £52.00 a month which I would was a bit steep? The vet told me I should be paying around £20 a month for life cover so now I am very confused.

Of course I would prefer to pay £20 a month but certainly do not want to inadvertently get insufficient cover for my new puppy.

So my question is can you recommend some insurance companies, preferably ones in which you have claimed from in the past and how much should it cost me?

Thank you so much I really need your help so confused.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I pay £11 a month for Daisy's insurance with the PDSA. That's their top plan they do, £7000 of cover (not sure whether that's per year or per incident).

They do 2 lower levels of insurance too, I think for £1000 and £3000 but I personally feel that that amount is not enough, especially when it only cost me an extra £2 a month.

I've not claimed from them before, but will be doing so in the next 2 weeks after Daisy's check up.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I pay £30 a month for Max with Petplan. Not cheap compared to some of the other quotes I got elsewhere but I put a lot of thought in to it and decided that for my own piece of mind it was worth it. I have friends that have used them and they have given good feedback on the service they got when they made a claim.

One of the big selling points for me was that they do not rate claims - this basically means that if you make a claim then they won't put the price up the following year because of the claim. (It is to be expected that there will be a slight increase year on year as you would get with any insurance policy but not the kind of increase other companies would give after you have made a claim). The other company I nearly went with was John Lewis but the deciding factor was that they advised they do rate their claims.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hello, I am also with the PDSA and pay £11. We have just claimed over a thousand pound for Bella's surgery and they paid out promptly, I am very pleased with the service they provide.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We have our own savings account for the dogs that we pay into each month. We cancelled the insurance and decided to save ourselves. We save 100 each month but that covers anything to do with the vets (check ups, wormer, flea stuff etc). It builds up quickly and if you are good at not dipping into it for anything else!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.