Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some websites that have colour schemes etc on for some inspiration for decorating our new house, but I just can't find anything good on google :foxes15:

Does anyone know any good websites for ideas and inspiration for decorating?

We are after a modern look

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
there are always some on aol.com--what about pottery barn.com or IKEA to look at rooms, colours etc ??

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I love Ikea for anything, but another good thing is theNest.com

It's the same company that runs theKnot for weddings, and they usually have a modern eye.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would suggest you to make some mood boards. Walk into every room in different times during the day and catch the feeling how this room is making you feel, keeping in mind what this room is going to be used for, when and for how long. Take lots of magazines and cut out textures, colors, patterns, anything really and create your mood board. :D After looking at your board it is much clearer what exactly do you want, it will suggest you your colour schemes and style.
If you want the modern look, they key word there is contemporary.
It is handy if you have some furniture already, or anything else you want to keep from your old place, even a rug you really like, and then you can work around it and find things that work with it until your room is done.
There are many good books in libraries and bookstores as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Get a homes/interiors magazine from a newsagents/ wh smiths/ a big branch od a supermarket thats what I do somethimes, or habitat sell books but I think they are quite deer! xx Good luck with the decorating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts