Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that I may lose my internet for a little bit. I've been paying my neighbor a major discount price for sharing her wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi). Saved me a ton of money!!! Anyway, the bank foreclosed on their house and are moving out this weekend and so as they go... so likely does my internet connection. I may be able to find another person to temporally connect to as we find a provider for us to permanently use. I will have to ask around.

Bailey and I will be back asap! Assuming that is if there isn't another person I can connect to for a little bit. The library is also just about 3 blocks from me too, so if need be I can head over there or even take my laptop to the local truck stop that has Wi-Fi. Either way, I will be here, but probably not every day like I have been.

Those of you that placed treat jar orders, I've written down all your information and addresses, so as the money orders come in, the jars/treats will go out. If you would like, please PM me your email addy's, I can have another way to contact you. I know that the library only gives you like 20 minutes or something like that to be online because there is usually a huge line! So, if I can contact you all through email directly, that would be much easier.

Wish us luck that we will find a provider quickly and be back soon! Anyone use Hughes net? Are they any good?

I probably have til Monday, but likely only til tomorrow. It depends on when they disconnect their connection.

·
Registered
329 Posts
OMG.....I hope you get back on quickly. Good luck finding a provider. I'm on dialup still and cant wait to get something else.

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it sucks and I REFUSE to go back to dial up if I can help it... going from my super fast connection to that sloooooooow thing.. I would likely rip my hair out! LOL

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Dialup was SO frustrating! That's what I had when I got my first computer and it was slow.

So, slow PC + slow internet connection= me half bald.

Our Phone service here is AT&T, so we also have our Internet and satellite as part of the plan. Our specific internet is originally $60 per month but they told us because my mom has all sorts of features on the phone, we only have to pay $35 a month.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol i had 56k when i was in middle school. i went to free internet by hacking into this program i had for a bit then to optimum online and now to fios verizon. its dumb fast but sometimes loses its signal. but thank goodness there's always dumb people who dont put passwords on their connection :)

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm baaaaaaaccccckkkkk! :D

We went to the library a couple times but OMG it was so horrible! One time I went the person that got off the computer that was to be mind was SICK and clearly should have been home in bed!

Right as he signed out so I could get his computer, he decided to sneeze all over the computer and the keyboard spraying it with BIG GOBS OF SNOT!!!!!!!! He didn't even bother to try to wipe it up and just left.... EWW!!! So, I signed up for another computer but it was going to be a 45 minute wait so we left. The next day we went and the wait was over an hour. I did go to my friends house a few times but her connection was slower the molasses, dial up!

Finally though, after much hassle and having to disconnect our satellite service and hook up with Comcast. We have been waiting for a week and a half for our appointment and now we have a nice affordable bundle service.

We tried to get internet with our satellite, but they wanted wayyyyy too much money for the bundle. Anyway, after much fuss and trouble, I am back! :D

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I'm glad you're back! BTW - I think you'll love comcast digital cable because nearly everything is available On Demand! I had no idea that was even there when I first got it, but now I couldn't live without it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts