Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
My diet is awful and I rarely eat breakfast, (I know!) but when I am being healthy I have soya milk porridge. (You could substitute nut or oat milk if you aren't allowed soya) Cook the oats in the soya milk, then add dried fruit, seeds and a grated pear. It is delicious and very filling.
I'm sorry you have been diagnosed with IC, I knew nothing about it until I read LS's posts, it sounds like a truly horrible illness.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My diet is awful and I rarely eat breakfast, (I know!) but when I am being healthy I have soya milk porridge. (You could substitute nut or oat milk if you aren't allowed soya) Cook the oats in the soya milk, then add dried fruit, seeds and a grated pear. It is delicious and very filling.
I'm sorry you have been diagnosed with IC, I knew nothing about it until I read LS's posts, it sounds like a truly horrible illness.

Never thought of cooking it with milk! Not allowed soya but it says milk and whole milk is ok I love whole milk. The pear sounds good I am allowed pear! Not sure about dried fruits not allowed any fruit except pear and blueberry I could add those to the oatmeal!

Ahh I just feel like crying i dont know what to eat I'm really strong emotionally but this just has me bummed right out even tho it must not be at a severe point yet. I just feel like I can't eat anything. I wonder if I could be covered under a dietician to help think of meals with my very limited ingredients. Thu have a cook book for IC but I don't know if it's good only one review and $36

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
You need to speak to LS. She has a handle on the diet and she is in Canada.
It must be a huge shock to suddenly have to change your whole diet, especially if you are used to eating what you like.
If you put a list of allowed foods on here I'm sure we can all help with recipe suggestions. We won't let you starve!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You need to speak to LS. She has a handle on the diet and she is in Canada.
It must be a huge shock to suddenly have to change your whole diet, especially if you are used to eating what you like.
If you put a list of allowed foods on here I'm sure we can all help with recipe suggestions. We won't let you starve!
If I starve I'll die I'm already underweight lol

I'm fine with the meats and stuff but I can't marinate or put anything on them I'm not a big meat eater so I use sauces to make them taste better but now I cannot so I'm lost at how to cook my meat lol

It's mostly veggies and low acid foods so no fruits or juices etc

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't have yogurt or peanut butter definitely not hot sauce my food choices are scarce literally
Dang, I'm sorry!
If you are interested in seriously attacking your illness via diet, I suggest looking into the GAPS diet. I've heard great things about it from others. It's very hardcore, but the theory is that it heals your body through your gut health. Home Page

·
Registered
277 Posts
If I starve I'll die I'm already underweight lol

I'm fine with the meats and stuff but I can't marinate or put anything on them I'm not a big meat eater so I use sauces to make them taste better but now I cannot so I'm lost at how to cook my meat lol

It's mostly veggies and low acid foods so no fruits or juices etc
Brining meats is great, it makes them nice and juicy and delish! Just submere the meat in some water, add some sea salt, and let sit for about 10 mins. Pat dry and cook as usual.
Can you roast veggies with some olive oil in a pan, maybe with some potatoes? Basil is a great spice for that, also rosemary is great.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think that you should/can go to a nutristionist with this problem. They can let you know what spices are safe for IC. Make sure you get enough vitamin C. A buffered vitamin C is made that would be safe. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I think that you should/can go to a nutristionist with this problem. They can let you know what spices are safe for IC. Make sure you get enough vitamin C. A buffered vitamin C is made that would be safe. Good luck to you.
IC people can not even take Vit C very bad for us :(
I went to nutritionist.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Sherri baby, I'm sorry to hear the news. What are your symptoms exactly?
IC has many faces, my case is extremely severe, I can barely walk and often
use a wheelchair, NOT ALL IC patients are this bad, if you caught it early you
will be able to live with it and hopefully keep it from progressing. Diet is more
important than anything, but you must also get treatments. I can't help unless
I know all of your symptoms and what you have tried so far. If you don't feel
comfortable talking on here you can pm me or I can give you my e-mail.

It'll be ok. You're not alone. I'll help you the best I can. Hugs.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
IC people can not even take Vit C very bad for us :(
I went to nutritionist.

That's right, no vitamin C and no multi vitamins either.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
will be able to live with it and hopefully keep it from progressing. Diet is more

That's right, no vitamin C and no multi vitamins either.
I agree everyone is different and think she needs to start treatments ASAP. They did mine next day and helped a lot so mine didn't get as bad as yours.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nothing hot or spicy any thing that could burn. I had hard time with diet but you must to feel better.
here is a sheet to help what you can have and not.
http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2012icnfoodlist.pdf
Thanks Therese's ive been using that website like a bible I already have that list printed and in my purse lol! It's gonna take me a few days to get used to this new diet I cheated a little alreay and am paying the price

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks sue I take vitamin c everyday but they said I can't anymore I did read about the buffered c! Finding it is the challenge I think!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I also have IC. I've had it since I was a child, but wasn't diagnosed until my 20s. As LS said, IC has many faces. A symptom for one person might not be a symptom for another. I would get a referral to a urologist first thing, and specifically one that is really familiar with IC. They'll likely do a cystoscopy right off the bat, and then you'll be able to start trying different treatments until you find something that works for you.

The good news is that most people are able to find some kind of relief through diet changes, medication, or treatments. Also, if you are able to control it with diet (which would be amazing!), you would eventually be able to add things off the "no" list to see if they trigger a flare up. Just like symptoms, foods that trigger pain differ from person to person too. Years and years later, I'm still finding out what works for me. You are not alone!

P.S. If a urologist wants to put you on a drug called Elmiron, get a second opinion.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

I have the exact symptoms of a severe uti

Burning, pain, stinging, frequent urination, my bladder feels full all the time I pee most of the time it's dribbles ummmmm I have lower back pain daily BUT I had an injury in June so I'm not sure if it's related or not but a lotof
I can barley move bc of the back pain. I go to massage therapy 2-3 times a month depending how well I can move. I thought I had a uti that's what I went to get treatment for yesterday my dr has been giving me antibiotic after antibiotic with no effect I refused to keep taking antibiotic after antibiotic and fought to see a urologist I got sent to a gynecologist not sure of he's both since he seemed really knowledgable and instantly put the camera in my bladder.

The pain is uncomfortable very uncomfortable

21 - 40 of 85 Posts