Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally taken a few photos of my new puppy, Archie. Got him yesterday. I am soo in love with this little fella. I've not taken many photos yet as Archie wasn't really in the mood (it's been a hectic day or two for him), but I thought I'd put a few up. He's so adorable!

Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I'll try to get some more decent ones soon.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
What a handsome boy...I just love the puppy tummy all pink and kissable in pictures 9 & 10. Keep taking lots of pictures, because they grow into bigger pups so soon and you won't believe they were that small. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much. :) He's such a cheeky little guy. He wasn't in the mood to have photos taken really, after the first few. He posed for a couple, then made sure he looked the other way each time I tried!

I'll definitely take loads more pictures. The only reason I haven't is because it's been so hectic since we got him! I popped out today to get him loads of things that we needed, and that was tiring and stressful in itself as it's only the second time I've ever driven on my own - passed my test in August!

He's very good at letting us know when he wants to go to the toilet, although he now seems to be deliberately going in a particular place where there's no training pad! He keeps going near where we put his food, but I thought he wouldn't want to go near his food!

He's been much better today. No upset tummy. In fact I was so impressed with one of his poos I left it where it was and called my husband down to see it! Hubby wasn't impressed with me and can't quite understand why I thought it important, but I like to know what's normal for my babies, so that I can easily spot if something is wrong (hubby has always accused me of having an obsession with our rats' naughty bits, but it means that if something is wrong I'll notice it a lot quicker.)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a cutie!! Reminds me of someone I know... ha ha.

Brodysmom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to leave him for a few hours this morning. I think I had seperation anxiety! He was quiet when I got in. Had to leave him in his cage as we've not got the play pen yet (getting it tonight). He didn't look happy when I got back. Seems fine now. He hadn't been to the toilet (left a puppy pad in the cage, as well as food and water). Didn't look like he'd eaten much. He's eating fine now though, and playing with his toys. He gave me a big kiss when I got in, but didn't seem excited to see me. :(

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I had to leave him for a few hours this morning. I think I had seperation anxiety! He was quiet when I got in. Had to leave him in his cage as we've not got the play pen yet (getting it tonight). He didn't look happy when I got back. Seems fine now. He hadn't been to the toilet (left a puppy pad in the cage, as well as food and water). Didn't look like he'd eaten much. He's eating fine now though, and playing with his toys. He gave me a big kiss when I got in, but didn't seem excited to see me. :(
Oh it's good he didn't seem excited to see you,sounds like he won't be clingy and won't cry when left,sure he did miss you ! What a sweetie,want to tickle that little tummy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He keeps yapping at me now! And won't stop trying to bite everything (my leg, my hand, my chin, my nose, the pillow, the duvet, etc etc. I keep telling him 'no' in a firm voice, but that doesn't seem to be making any difference! He seems to be yapping more when he's playing and getting over excited, and I stop him from biting me!

He's chewing his dental chew thing at the moment. Seems to be keeping him quiet. I wonder if he's annoyed with me for leaving him?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Elise was liek this when we first got her but she was just playing, she still does but not liek she use too, she bits playfully now..

im sure hes just playing and wanting your attention x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As you've probably noticed, I'm a bit of a worrier! I thought maybe he didn't like me anymore, because I'd left him! The funny thing is he looked totally calm when I got in. He didn't mess in the cage or anything. He was just laying there, chilling. However, from the moment I left him I was worrying if he'd be OK and felt really upset! Just gave him a cuddle and a belly rub, and he really settled down.

I think I shall have to calm down and stop being silly. I'm so worried about doing something wrong and making him unhappy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts