Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have commented on my other thread, (thanks for the info!) and I told you I would post pictures!

So here he is! My little walking skeleton! poor guy! He was at the vet today and weights 3.7 lbs (we tried to weight him on our food scale, and it was off, lol). He is a rescue off craigslist! He is 7 1/2 months old.

He is a sweet boy and I am excited for him to settle in so I can start to see his personality, he is still pretty nervous, but very lovey!

thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh he is lovely! Love his color. Good for you in taking him in. I'm sure he'll thrive well in your care. Make sure to keep us updated on his progress! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the kind comments. I think he is a cutie too! I couldn't believe it when I saw him, how thin he was!! Made me so sad and mad!

now that he has been tot he vet and gotten a clean bill of health, there is no reason he is that thin except his last owners were not feeding him. how can you not feed a little chi?? really? that's just mean.

he is getting 1/4 am and 1/4 cup pm. he already looks a little better than he did on Sunday. do you think that is enough? too much? thanks

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
What a handsome little man! So leggy! He reminds me a lot of our Reese (or what Reese would look like if we stopped feeding him, poor Axl!). Im so excited for him and you. Chihuahuas are such awesome dogs and will just be your very best friend/ shadow, and he deserves someone like you who will love and care for him.
Cant wait to see Axls "after" pictures!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh, Axl is such a sweetheart.. lovely chocolate/tan boy.. Thank goodness he has found a forever home with you.. I believe you will be richly rewarded by the love and devotion he will bring to your life as well.. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Aww. Welcome Axl. :) For what it's worth, my Maya can look like that sometimes. She is just leggy and thin. And a picky eater. But she is lately wolfing down the sojos complete. So, they might have been feeding him more than it looks. He just might be the tall, leggy type. LOL Hope you get a little meat on his bones and that he settles in well. What a cutie.

·
Registered
558 Posts
awww he is gorgeous, what a lovely colour.im sure he will put some weight on once he is feeding right.Good on you for giving him a home.xx

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Welcome Axl! What a beautiful dog. Even though he is thin, his coat still
looks pretty.

he is getting 1/4 am and 1/4 cup pm. he already looks a little better than he did on Sunday. do you think that is enough? too much? thanks
I would also give him a noon meal until he puts on some weight. There are
many members here who give supplements. Don't know if your Vet offered
any advice on them.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
He's stunning!!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
He is beautful! Congrats. You could give a little more food if he acts like he's still hungry. He's still a puppy & he needs the protein. I'm so glad you took him in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts