Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! :lol: I would like to introduce myself, Ashley and I am 22 from Canada, but more importantly I would like to introduce the love of my life Bambi. I have been looking forever for a chi and found the one of my dreams. She was born on Feb 23 and she will be coming home with me on Good Friday, April14th. I have seen her twice and she is just a bundle of joy. Of course this little girl will be spoiled rotten and treated like a princess. Here are a few pics of her, hope they work. :wave:
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/bambismom/001_1.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/bambismom/003_3.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h236/bambismom/002_2.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, sorry you can't see the pics, it is saying that they aer too big, and also that the zip limit has been reached. Do you know what I can do to post them?
Yes, she will only be 7 weeks, I was worried of that also, but I know she is a very good breeder. She gave me references of some people in my area who have gotten chihuahuas and I actually met up with two of them, cause they lived close by. They got theirs at seven weeks also and have been no problems what so ever. When I do take her home, she gives me a health grauntee and her up to date vet papers on her first shots and her check up.
This site is awesome and gives such good information, glad I found this site.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi there from a fellow Canadian!! :wave: Try photobucket.com It tells you how to upload the pics and how to paste them. Really easy! Welcome to the site! There are lot's of people here that have TONS of good advice and they are more then willing to help you out with any questions you have. I guess my advice is make sure you have everything you need before you bring your baby home. It makes the transition much easier!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I was just wondering if I was right about the 7 weeks. I got Belle at 5 weeks and she did great with everything and was the easiest to housetrain and she is so friendly to everyone. I think if they are doing ok and eating good they will do fine but I know a lot of people on here don't think they should leave until they are 12 weeks old. IMO 8 weeks is the perfect time but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
655 Posts
OMG!!! Georgeous!!! What a doll!!! You must me so excited!!! Congrats!!! Falkland Stampede huh!! We might be going too!! Been going for years! My bf is a city boy from New West so he's never been there!! Are you taking your baby? Welcome to the site!!! :wave:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, she is my sweetheart, yes I can't wait wait until she comes home. I have been driving out too Chilliawack on the weekends to go see her, which is 1.15hr drive. Nice of the breeder to let me come and see her. Yes I will be bringing her to the rodeo. I have been going there also for about the past 6yrs or so. We have some retired family there.
ohhh i love this site, such great info and great ppl and of course love the chis

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
Yes, she will only be 7 weeks, I was worried of that also, but I know she is a very good breeder. She gave me references of some people in my area who have gotten chihuahuas and I actually met up with two of them, cause they lived close by. They got theirs at seven weeks also and have been no problems what so ever. When I do take her home, she gives me a health grauntee and her up to date vet papers on her first shots and her check up.
Good breeders do not let puppies go at only 7 weeks of age, imho. Why can't she wait a week or two before she gives you the puppy?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi, welcome here. My Chi's name too is Bambi. Exept he's a male. He's the only Bambi Male I saw. Most of them are females :?

Hope you enjoy the board :wave:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Her and her family have been breeding for 30yrs and the vet also recommened her as being the best breeder in the area. I did ask her if she has always let them go at 7weeks and she said that her mom and herself have always let them go at 7 weeks, and that is when she gave me her references. Do you think I should try and tell her to keep her for an extra week?
My past puppy who was a terrier I got at 7weeks, that was long ago though, but she passed away from cancer when she was 8:(

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
She is so adorable!!!! And the name Bambi is perfect for her!
I got Carl at 8 weeks. His sister went to her home at 7 weeks because the mama dog was getting annoyed with the puppies :lol:

·
Banned
4,807 Posts
IcePrincess said:
Her and her family have been breeding for 30yrs and the vet also recommened her as being the best breeder in the area. I did ask her if she has always let them go at 7weeks and she said that her mom and herself have always let them go at 7 weeks, and that is when she gave me her references. Do you think I should try and tell her to keep her for an extra week?
My past puppy who was a terrier I got at 7weeks, that was long ago though, but she passed away from cancer when she was 8:(
I would ask her to hold onto her for the extra week. I am currently fostering a puppy who is now 7 weeks old (I took her in last week) and she is VERY young compared to Madison and Rylie (who were both 8 and 9 weeks old when I brought them home). She whines a lot, and is very needy. I think that the extra 1-2 weeks makes a world of a difference. I know that here in Florida, you cannot sell a puppy who is under 8 weeks of age.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
8yrs is when she past. My family and I got her when I was almost 11 and she past away when I was 19. Now I am 22 and want a chi, so i can bond with her and spoil her:)
Thanks for the advice Jessie. I will talk to her about it and see what the breeder will say. Right now she just took them off the heating pad and she ate for the first time the other day. Tomorrow she is going to start putting the litter away from the mom for a few hours during thed day, but the mom will be with the litter for the night of course. The mom is very attached to her litter, it if the first time for the mom ever giving birth.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts