Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello. My name is Lindsay. I have to say that I never EVER expected to be a chihuahua person. I never really loved them and always had larger dogs. Growing up we had a large terrier mutt and a lab.. When my husband and I bought out first house (2.5 years ago) we got a Beagle and that was about as small of a dog as I was willing to go.

Well, we wanted a second dog and found that Bug (formerly known as Diego) was in need of a home. He is 2 years old and we are pretty sure he was abused by children and possibly adults. He was terrified of EVERYTHING when he came to us. The tiniest noise would send him running into the other room. Literally I could place my pen on a desk and he would take off scared.

Now he is hardly scared of anything.. He loves life.. He goes hiking in the Connecticut Mountains with us and he chases our cats and sleeps on our beagle.

Bug and Cappy (the beagle) are best brothers. It's so cute to watch bug sleep literally on TOP of Cappy..

So without yapping too much more, here are some great pictures that my husband took of Bug!
This one was taken the first day we got him.. Look how pathetic!

Theres a BUNCH more pictures on the net. We actually have a website just for our dogs.. Cappy (the beagle) his a handicapped dog and we created the website to help raise money and awareness for special needs pets

http://www.powernubby.com/

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
How darling. Love the pic wit the popped collar. And the one looks like he is praying. Sweet little guy.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww Bug is so precious!! I love his little face. I'm so glad he has a good home with you now. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hello & welcome! Bug is adorable! Congrats for rescuing him. :) We also were big dog people before getting Matilda--I actually really disliked Chi's before. haha Now look! :D Great pics...hope to see you around & hope you can share more about Bug...and more pics too!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
He is so cute! I myself never thought of the chihuahua breed as a dog for me. My smallest dog I have ever had is a shar-pei and she is 47 pounds. However, I spent one day with 2 chihuahuas at a fiends house and it has changed my mind forever. Then I went and did alot of research on the breed and it turns out they are truly great dogs and intelligent. Now I am awaiting the arrival of my first chi puppy, Audrey Lyn. I think it is great that you took Bug in. What is Cappy's handicap?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.. and yes, bug is extraordinarily spoiled here at our house. I was definitely surprised with how quickly his fear and bad behavior turned around with just a little love and attention!! (we are still working hard on getting him to like kids though)

As for Cappy's handicap, he was born without a foot.. That's why his name is Cappy (short for Captain Peg Leg)

Here's a few pictures of the capster

The few pictures where Cappy looks like he has a cast - it's not a cast. It's his prosthetic foot. We went to a human prosthetic doctor and he molded Cappy' nub and then made a little extrestention for his right leg so he can now walk upright.

I have some great videos of Cappy running, hiking, and all that but I dont know if i am allowed to post links to youtube and vimeo.

And I will tell my husband about the compliments on this photography. He is a professional (weddings, fashion, journalism)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts