Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I've been looking to add a 3rd Chi to our family.

With Meoshia's help, I have finally found the perfect little girl to become part of our family. I was going to try to wait and go with Carolina's breeder, but after Meoshia sent me her picture and information she was the one that stole my heart and the breeder and I connected too. Thank you Meoshia! She is 12 weeks old, officially mine and she should be home within the next week or two. We're just waiting for her flight to be finalized. I am beyond excited!!! It's going to be the longest week or two ever.

Introducing Carlee:

This one was just taken last week:

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
There she is! She is truly a stunning baby. Carlee stole my heart from the moment I laid eyes on her. I knew she was the perfect fit for you and your family. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in me. I can't wait for Carlee to meet you and her new family.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow carlee is beautiful, I bet you are so excited! She's a really cutie, and looks tiny at 12 weeks how much does she weigh?
I'm so pleased to hear you are getting your third how exciting!
Thanks Jessica. I'm so excited!!! Also glad the process of finding "the one" is over. Now maybe in a month or so I'll be saying to myself, why did I ever question getting a 3rd.

She is projected to be on the smaller size, but won't be as tiny as Carolina. Her breeder did say she still has a lot of puppy fat to loose. Another very food motivated one, she'll fit right in with Carolina there. Her estimated adult weight is around 3 1/2lbs. The breeder weighted her over the weekend and she was 28 ounces.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There she is! She is truly a stunning baby. Carlee stole my heart from the moment I laid eyes on her. I knew she was the perfect fit for you and your family. Thank you so much for your trust and confidence in me. I can't wait for Carlee to meet you and her new family.
Aww, thanks Meoshia. Finally...now it's just waiting the next couple days to hear back from Kristie and the puppy nanny on the flight arrangements. Even the description of her temperament and personality sounds so much like Carolina. I just want to snuggle her now.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful little girl! Brace yourself for all the Papillion references...lol. Congrats on the new addition!
Thank you. That's funny you said that. Meoshia is correct my boy is a chi/papillon mix and he favors more the Papillon, so I'm so use to it. Most people assume Carolina is a Papillon too and it's not even because of her coloring. They just see Indy (my boy) and assume she is the same breed.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Lol I had no idea you had a Chi/Papillon mix, that's funny. I'm not surprised - most people think Gizmo is a Papillon as well, we get it ALL THE TIME. I think it's just because he has the super frilly ears; no one around here seems to even know there is such a thing as a long-haired Chihuahua. I suppose the white stripe up his nose doesn't help either, but I honestly don't know how they get Papillon ;)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
We get it too. Mostly on fb. Must be the black and white fur and long ear fringe. A little chihuahua history. The long coat came about years ago by pairing the chihuahua with other long coat breeds similar in size such as the Papillon, Pomeranian, Yorkshire terrier and Japanese Chin. Once the gene was introduced to the bloodlines no more outside breeding took place, then it was chi on chi bred from then on :blush:.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol I had no idea you had a Chi/Papillon mix, that's funny. I'm not surprised - most people think Gizmo is a Papillon as well, we get it ALL THE TIME. I think it's just because he has the super frilly ears; no one around here seems to even know there is such a thing as a long-haired Chihuahua. I suppose the white stripe up his nose doesn't help either, but I honestly don't know how they get Papillon ;)
I can see where people get Papillon sometimes, especially at first look and an unknowing eye. What I find amazing is Chi's are much more of a popular breed than Papillons and most people, at least in my area, have never seen a living Papillon, but everyone seems to know about or recognize the breed vs. a long coat Chi.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts