Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Venus' baby brother is home! We've decided on naming him Jack. Venus is still pretty leary. She's tried to bite a couple times, and they growl at each other a bit. Should I just let them get used to each other and roam around? Do I keep them more together or let them avoid each other? Any tips on how to help them adjust? They're so cute together. They were just laying together on my lap, but Jer just ran uptown so I had no one around to take a pic.

I do apologize that the pics aren't the greatest, I was warned that he is very camera shy.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Aw, he's so cute Samantha. Everybody does this differently. I always throw mine in together and make them adjust but people have strong opinions to separate them and all that. Do what you feel is right and trust your judgement. I have four pretty easygoing dogs. We constantly have strays and rescues here so they are used to it. He's a doll and I'm so happy for you guys and Venus!!!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
awwwww hes so cute its so much fun bringing a new puppy home hope him and venus decide to become friends soon it takes them time to adjust to one another x

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
What a cutie! I never separated any of mine when I brought in a newcomer. If they start to get out of hand with each other, put your foot down and let em' know you won't tolerate it. They'll get used to each other soon and be the best of friends. :) Congrats!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Aw, he's so cute Samantha. Everybody does this differently. I always throw mine in together and make them adjust but people have strong opinions to separate them and all that. Do what you feel is right and trust your judgement. I have four pretty easygoing dogs. We constantly have strays and rescues here so they are used to it. He's a doll and I'm so happy for you guys and Venus!!!
That's how we introduce outs, too. Haha.

He's a cutie, and I'm sure things will work out with them in time :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's kinda what I was thinking, to just let them sort it out. I just don't want Venus to go overboard and hurt him. They won't be left alone together, but I don't want to be one step away and she nabs at him. We just took them outside and they walked around the yard together, but when we got back in the house she got upset again and started gnarling her teeth and barking at him. He's trying to sniff her and get to know her, and she just wants him away from her humans. So I think it'll take a few days to get them settled. But it'll keep me busy :D I just cannot get over how cute and tiny he is. He is the same size at 14 weeks, as Venus was when we brought her home at 6 weeks.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, they've had a couple little spats so far, but it looks like a water bottle might do the trick :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Lori! He's pretty adjusted, now it's just making Venus more comfortable with another puppy around.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Congratulations - he is just darling! We just toss 'em together (supervised of course) and let them get to know each other.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Oh what a handsome boy!! Congratulations on your new addition and welcome Jack!! :D

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
He is a very handsome boy isnt he?
My two can be a little funny about resources so I just make sure all high value items are put away til everyone is a bit more used to each other.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is a very handsome boy isnt he?
My two can be a little funny about resources so I just make sure all high value items are put away til everyone is a bit more used to each other.
Thanks! Yeah, I think that may be a good route for us as well. I bought him a bunch of him a bunch of his own toys, and we were given his favorites when we got him, but Venus of course being our only baby for 10 months thinks all of it is hers lol. So we've been working on sharing more than we were before. Since we got Venus we'd give her a treat, and then lay down next to her and say "share" and try to take a pretend bite. Now we need to step it into over-drive so they can share toys lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts