Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have her home :hello1: Its been a very long and exhausting journey. If you didnt see my post in chat...I flew to Denver and back yesterday to get her. The breeder was worried the travel would stress her out but she did great! She is almost 15 weeks and just over 17 oz. She has some very thin to bald spots but hopefully with a better diet...that will improve. So far the only thing she loves is wet ZiwiPeak....out of what she has been offered ;)

In her carrier at the airport waiting for our flight

Last night after we got home making herself comfy

Tank yu aunt Kwisti for the bootiful sweater. I promiz I growz bigr.

Finally a video from today of her getting acquainted with the crew. Ignore my constant Bailey, Bailey, Bailey. He was very eager to play with her and it made me very nervous.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
She is just ridiculously cute! :D I'm in love with her and her spunky, happy personality! Thanks so much for sharing the video and pics! (More, more, more, haha!)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Wow I could watch a longer longer version of that video ALL DAY LONG! The cuteness is killing me! LOL I love the part where Lacey jumps in the bed and just makes it and has to pull herself in that was too presh and how sweet of Bailey to be so very interested in his new little sister! I love it! So sweet! Congrats on your new little girlie she is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
OMG! She is just beyond adorable! The video is sooooooo cute. Looks like theyre pleased to welcome her into the fold. Is she black and tan or blue and tan? I though black but in the second picture she looks more blue. Shes so sweet and tiny, congrats.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
On my goodness, what a precious little girl! She has a personality to match that darling little face~ man, she just runs everyone out of the bed..lol Congratulations, you have certainly brought home a "winner!"

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She is black and tan! But, as is true sometimes of the smaller ones, she does have thinner fur right now -- I think Kristy's raw diet will change that up pronto, but, she is kind of like Amber's Bella Luna -- the thinner fur on the head and body, which is often seen in the small ones as puppies...no idea why...SHE IS SOOOO CUTE lol...Kristy if you want to hurry up the more fur process you could try The Missing Link Vet Strength formula I have heard it really helps.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She has the cutest little personality! What a firecracker! Love it!

Does she have some missing fur on her sides? Hopefully a good diet will get her sorted out and some hair regrowth! She certainly has the cutest little face.

·
Registered
266 Posts
From my newbie standpoint it seemed Bailey( brown and long hair?) was being borderline aggressive towards the newcomer ( Lacey?).
Was that some sort of dominance/pecking order display?.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She has the cutest little personality! What a firecracker! Love it!

Does she have some missing fur on her sides? Hopefully a good diet will get her sorted out and some hair regrowth! She certainly has the cutest little face.
She had a sugar crash about 3 weeks ago and the breeder had a feeding tube put in and the tape kinda messed w/ her fur I think and pulled out patches :( ...Lol sorry Kristy I had to answer the ?? for you...but she does have thin and definitely still PUPPY fur :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She had a sugar crash about 3 weeks ago and the breeder had a feeding tube put in and the tape kinda messed w/ her fur I think and pulled out patches :( ...Lol sorry Kristy I had to answer the ?? for you...but she does have thin and definitely still PUPPY fur :)
Oh gosh! I was wondering what that was. Well good for the breeder for going to those extraordinary measures. And thank goodness that Kristi, an experienced owner, is taking care of this little one!! She's so tiny and cute as a bug. I have no doubt that her coat will grow in and be as gorgeous as her sisters. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Really a feeding tube?...So it wouldn't have been risky to take her on a plane in case of that re-occurring?.
I was thinking what happens if a new puppy gets hypogycemia sp? while under the airplane seat. Then I was thinking, shut up self..I suppose the more experienced people have thought of that already.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Really a feeding tube?...So it wouldn't have been risky to take her on a plane in case of that re-occurring?.
I was thinking what happens if a new puppy gets hypogycemia sp? while under the airplane seat. Then I was thinking, shut up self..I suppose the more experienced people have thought of that already.
The breeder had the OP wait an extra few weeks after the crash to make sure she was stable. She did not SHIP her, the OP had to go pick her up so she could be fed and kept warm on her journey home. Sugar crashes are a pretty normal part of the tiny ones.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Kristy, she is simply perfect! I know her coat will be lots better with a fab diet but she looks like she is doing wonderfully.

I'd have been a nervous wreck too with the other pups. She's so small & fragile looking. Bailey was definitely interested. Seems like he wanted to take charge. LOL I'm sure in a few days she'll be old news & not so interesting to them. And poor Bleu...he just wanted to be left alone. All those crazy Chi's! :lol:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
And I know who the breeder is & the OP isn't new to the breed. She knows about tinies & I all the appropriate precautions were taken. Kristy was supposed to get Lacey a few weeks ago...it's been a long process for them all. I'm so glad she is home safe & sound now. And now we get to watch that tiny girl grow! :D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would fly just about anywhere to pick up that little girl!

Now, I'm off to use the video to show my husband WHY we need another!!!

Who could resist that???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts