Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We picked up our new foster Chi Pia tonight! She is ADORABLE. Much smaller then I expected. Not sure her weight yet but she is smaller then my lil Izzie! She was SUPER scared and very submissive when I went to pick her up, with her lil tail tucked all the way under. But as soon as I got her home and she saw the girls she perked up! She is still super submissive and quiet, but it's to be expected. She seems VERY into food though, I am sure that is true with most rescues though... :( Her ears and top of her nose are all dry and irritated from the flies bothering her when she was locked in the cage while being bred out at the puppy mill. She is going to need to get all her teeth out from bad dental hygiene and bone loss, probably next week, and I think spayed at the same time. After she recovers from that she will go up for adoption. Probably a month. I miss her already!

Now for some pics!

All 3-

Hubby giving her belly rubs-

Her wanting hubby to pick her up-

We just got home like an hour ago, so I am sure I will take better pics once they all get settled. My girls seem to be taking to her great though.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She's beautiful! And so lucky to have found her way to you. So sad about her teeth and health, it's horrid that people can do things like that to their dogs. But you'll fix her up and she will soon be ready to be someone's best friend!

She kind of reminds me of LS' Bella. Tiny and white and tan. So cute :)

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I don't know she seems to really like your hubby, they might bond before she can find another home, she is awful cute and looks so sweet.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Aww, what a little cutie pie! She reminds me a lot of my Chloe who is also a shy little thing (except around the two boys, she's the boss of them!) with a similar body and head shape.

I'm sure you and your girls will help her come out of her shell.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone! She is such a sweetheart and settling in great. The only issue we've found is she marks on everything.. from the dogs food dishes to our broom to clothes.. everything. Maybe it will go away when she gets spayed.. who knows. Til then we got her some diapers while she's inside the house.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww she's wonderful, you can tell she's a sweetie just by looking at her eyes. I
love that little pink belly too, so smoochable! :love2: How cool would it be if
your sister adopted her?! Good luck to you girls, I hope everything works out
exactly how you want.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pia goes in for her dental and spay surgery on Sunday night, and I will hopefully get her back a few days later cuz she has to go back to the rescue for at least a couple days til doctor clears her (doctors orders). I may be picking up another little one today.. :-O

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Looks like you were meant to do this girl, you're doing awesome.
I loved the pictures, she's so sweet that Pia. :love2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts