Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pronounced Meeka :)

About 4 months ago my husband and I adopted a little girl from a local rescue here in chicago. They described her as a teacup chihuahua but from the first time I saw her I didn't think she was purebred at all. Her body and head are a bit un chihuahua like. To me and my husband she looks to be a chihuahua and mini pincher mix. It would be fun to find out, and someday we might do a DNA test to see, but whatever she is we love her to bits!! She also gets along famously with our 4 year old Yorkie Paddington (and he can be a bit of a brat with other dogs) They are best of friends. Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think of her breed possibilities.

Can't wait to learn more about chi's!
View attachment 5072

View attachment 5073

View attachment 5074

View attachment 5075

View attachment 5076

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Meeka is adorable! Funny to me in her top photos she doesn't look fullchi but in her buttom ones she does. Whatever she is full or not like you said she is adorable and very loveable! I'm so glad she is getting along with your other doggy! She is super cute!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I agree the top pics she doesnt look full chi, but that bottom one she does. lol
She is soooo cute anyway, look forward to lots more of pics of this wee sweetie! xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I will definitely be posting more pics. That bottom picture is one taken by the rescue league before we got her. She's much taller now so that could be why she looks more chi-like in that one. I love that she is one of a kind.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Except for color, he looks like my Smoke. Chis seem to come in many different sizes and shapes. He looks more like a "deer" chi than an apple headed, but is way cute.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Shes lovely, cute name! She almost looks like a teensy little german shepherd in some of the pictures! Not sure if she is full chi or a chi mix. Thank you for rescuing :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cute pup!

I think you're right - probably has some min pin in her. She's very lucky to have found a great home with lots of love. My first dog was a mixed breed and I never did know what she was. She was a wonderful girl and my best friend. What mix she was never really mattered to me.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you have a very pretty girl who is lucky to have found a great home with you.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw Mika is adorable! Welcome to the forum. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts