Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for u guys. i hope u could help me and give me some advice. i have a chi named charlie whos 1 and1/2 years old and male. we have two cats he gets along with ok. the hardest part is socializing him though with other dogs at the park[ even with doggy day care]. we just got a new chi whos named bella. shes a female and 11 months old. very outgoing compared to charlie whos more reserved unless the love is to my wife and i. we introduced them threw the door for a day and then let them meet. bella seems very excited and not scared or bothered at all by her new surroundings and family. while charlie seems to growl a lil when she gets to close. hes doing alot better than i thought he would do. now i know to make sure and give my charlie lots of love in front of the new pet so he doesnt seem neglected, but is this normal for him to be so shy? how long does the warm up period usually last for sum of u guys who experienced this with having one pet and bringing in a new one? any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. even share your storys. i just want to have a healthy relationship with all my pets and for them to all be happy. i thought charlie would be happy he had a playmate with the energy level as him. [as the cats do not]haha. i know it will take some time

1 - 1 of 1 Posts