Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

As some of you may be aware of I lost my little girl chi, Becky, to cancer on September 14 of this year. I had known for some time that I was going to lose her, it was just a matter of time, and I knew that I wanted to get another little one fairly soon after because I didn't think I would be able to stand the silence of Becky being gone. The original post is here if you haven't read it http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chi-chat/54986-becky-has-passed-away.html

Well, I was right, it was pure agony the days after she left me. I grieved so hard those first couple of days that I was emotionally spent. A few days later I started looking for a little boy, because I thought it would be easier than another little girl. I wouldn't feel like I was replacing her so much. Anyway it didn't take me long to find him. He came to me the following week just eight days after Becky left.

I'd like to introduce to you, Tango, my new baby chi. He is so gorgeous and I love him to bits. He has helped me keep my sanity and he has kept me very busy (I'd forgotten just how much work puppies can be:)) so that I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on Becky not being around.

He has a fairly bad runny eyes/tear staining problem at the moment. I have had him checked by the vet and it's not because he has that inverted lashes problem. She wasn't real sure why they were so runny. I have got some Tear Stain Eye Wipes that I haven't used yet. Does anybody know anything about this problem? What do you use?

The ingredients these wipes have are: purified water, cocamidopropyl betaine, boric acid, propylparaben, methylparaben and fragrance. Some of them ingredients sound a bit harsh to me that's why I haven't used them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Very Cute little pup. As for the tear staining, what are you feeding? Some ingredients in some foods can cause tear staining (beet pulp) for one. I am a groomer and the ONLY product I have used that will actually remove/cut back on the staining is this:
Tear Stain Products - Diamond Eye (125 ml) I feed Zoey raw, and since switched her to that off of kibble, her staining has literally quit, & gone away. My sister gives her dogs Tylan Powder (which is an antibiotic) to help with her show dogs staining, but I don't think it's good to use products like that or angel eyes as it makes the dog/bacteria resistant to the antibiotic.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I have a Tango too! (See my sig.) ;)

I wish his staining would clear up with good food, but I've tried every one of the top 5 star foods out there, and it didn't do a thing.

So I use a product called Eye Envy for my Tango's staining. It's topical, all natural, and it does a FABULOUS job getting rid of the staining and keeping it under control.

Here's the website: Eye Envy | The Safe and Effective Tear Stain Remover for Cats and Dogs

I bought their starter pack online, which comes with a solution that has to be refrigerated, a powder, and a jar of dry wipes. When I needed more, I went back to the website and used their search function to find a store in my area. I purchased the non-refrigerated solution (more convenient for me) I still had lots of powder left, and I just use my own makeup-remover wipes.

I highly recommend the product.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I can't offer any advice on the tearing, but congrats on your new pup. He is adorable. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
wow im new so have just read your becky thread.
thats awful hun,hugs

tango is soooo cute....
i have been searching for ages to get my chi and am finally on a waiting list, where do you guys find yours?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.

Thanks for that cprcheetah. I am going to look into what is involved in a raw diet. At the moment he is eating dry food and a puppy loaf that the breeder recommended. Along with chicken and some minced beef occasionally.

I will check out the Diamond eye product if I can get it here in Australia and see if it helps.

Very Cute little pup. As for the tear staining, what are you feeding? Some ingredients in some foods can cause tear staining (beet pulp) for one. I am a groomer and the ONLY product I have used that will actually remove/cut back on the staining is this:
Tear Stain Products - Diamond Eye (125 ml) I feed Zoey raw, and since switched her to that off of kibble, her staining has literally quit, & gone away. My sister gives her dogs Tylan Powder (which is an antibiotic) to help with her show dogs staining, but I don't think it's good to use products like that or angel eyes as it makes the dog/bacteria resistant to the antibiotic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Tink, Tango is a great name, isn't it? I will check out the Eye Envy you suggested and see if it is available here in Australia. Thanks.

I have a Tango too! (See my sig.) ;)

I wish his staining would clear up with good food, but I've tried every one of the top 5 star foods out there, and it didn't do a thing.

So I use a product called Eye Envy for my Tango's staining. It's topical, all natural, and it does a FABULOUS job getting rid of the staining and keeping it under control.

Here's the website: Eye Envy | The Safe and Effective Tear Stain Remover for Cats and Dogs

I bought their starter pack online, which comes with a solution that has to be refrigerated, a powder, and a jar of dry wipes. When I needed more, I went back to the website and used their search function to find a store in my area. I purchased the non-refrigerated solution (more convenient for me) I still had lots of powder left, and I just use my own makeup-remover wipes.

I highly recommend the product.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi and thanks. Welcome to the forum. I found my little fellow through the Dogzonline site. Unfortunately it is an Australia/New Zealand site only so if you aren't from either of those two countries it won't be much of help to you I'm afraid.

wow im new so have just read your becky thread.
thats awful hun,hugs

tango is soooo cute....
i have been searching for ages to get my chi and am finally on a waiting list, where do you guys find yours?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby! He is a doll! =)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi there,

Congrats on your new little guy.

My Jadzia was getting some bad tear stains and|I tried wipes, food suppliments, liquid eye removers but they only worked minimally for her.

I heard from a friend that they started filtering their dogs water and it worked for them, so I started to try it with Jadzia and it worked for her.
It took about a month to a month and a half for the stains to completely disappear.

Her eyes still tear but no stains.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Aww congrats! I remember your original story when you had posted about Becky, so heartbreaking.
I am so happy you found your new little boy to love!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts