Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures of the little guy I just picked up. =) (Details are in the Chi Chat, "Here we go again" thread.)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kat, Sprocket looks like a handsome character! Best wishes with your wee chi! I forgot to tell you that when I was in the ring 20 years ago showing my yorkies my daughter fell in lover with the coated version of the cc, powder puff. Her name was Molly and we had her for 15 years till she passed. Paige did obedience with her and at the time she went up to utility dog.She was all white, a feisty love, quite a spry jumper.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. =)

And Vicsta, that is so sweet!! Both of mine are white powderpuffs. I just keep them in a pony clip for convenience. They are such sweet loving little dogs!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Kat, it's all I can do to keep from cancelling my cleaning and making a road trip to Illinois today...

How do you do it? I've been asked to foster a couple of times, but I know myself well enough to know that I would NEVER be able to let them go...I can't take on anymore right now, so I say no. I really admire you for what you're doing. Truly!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do it sadly because I know there'll always be more. =/ Even in the last few days that I’ve been corresponding with some private rescues around me, they’re overwhelmed as it is. I know my personal limit of what I can handle… and as far as my permanent pack I really can’t add any more. Having added Julian, with all the medical attention he’s required it’s got our hands full. We’re trying some alternative healing supplements too. Rest assured our others are feeling no neglect, lol; but Julian does take a lot of our focus as he gets his “treatments” often. Rx meds 2x daily; and L-carnitine, Taurine, crushed ginger, cayenne, and a heart tonic 4x daily. I wouldn’t trade him for the world; but I also know we can’t keep any more. So, going into it, it’s easy because I already have the mindset that they aren’t staying. And actually I really do enjoy getting to know these dogs so that I can match them up with the right people. I found a really great prospect for Sprocket already; and as attached as I am to him I know he’s just going to love living with these people. (Now, the mission is to see if I can coax them to join chi-people haha.)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhh no. I've got my hands full lol. I just occasionally screen out homes for chihuahuas who need them. He has a pending application in on him now; just gotta wait for the landlord/apartment check and if all goes well we'll be delivering him to his new home Saturday!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts