Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I have introduced Twig yet so I wanted to do that now. Twig had been left on the side of the road with a bowl a food and was found by some kids who took him to the house of a wonderful lady who is involved with dog rescue. Someone on facebook put me in touch with the lady and she agreed to let me have Twig. Twig was only about 3 months and I think he may have been a easter bunny since he was found a little after Easter. Spelda my Lionhead hated him but Twig was persistent and won her over. He was so tiny when he was a baby that he could squeeze through the bars of his x-pen and I would always find him in Spelda's pen and once I even found him in the crate with the dog I was petsitting but he quickly grew into a 2lb terror and it was great having two cute little faces running up to greet me every time I entered the room. Sadly Spelda died almost a year ago so Twig is left by himself but hopefully I will be able to bring another rabbit or two home sometime this year or the next so he can have some bunny to love again.

Friends

Twig ready for his pellets

Twig thinks it's time to come out

Treats

Dinner time nom nom nom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I feel bad a lot of the time because I can't give him a huge cage or as many toys and beds and stuff as other people give their rabbits at this point but he seems to be happy with what he has.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
He is adorable!

We used to have a mini lop many years ago! He had a cage, but most of the time he was free to roam. I have pictures of him cuddled up with our beagle at the time! He could be so sweet, and then be so nasty! It was neat to see how they got along though!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep they can have a mean side to them. I was going to get Twig neutered when he hit 1 year old but Spelda died and we were in the middle of moving so it got put off and I am still trying to find a vet up here that I trust for his neuter. Twig is a little terror when it comes to cats. He will attack them on sight but that should go away when he gets neutered and looses all of those hormones but surprisingly he gets along great with my dogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts