Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I came across an ad titled "Help Wanted: Chihuahua Breeder Question", I am not a breeder, but I do know the breed so I looked. This person has a male and a female, their male got their female pregnant and they took her to the vet and the vet told them that she may need a C-section. Their question was if they will actually need this, if their female will be able to have her puppies ok without it. If I were them I would have looked for a responsible breeder as a mentor before breeding and made sure I had the money to put into whatever happened prior during and after. I have nothing against true responsible breeding, but I have a lot against people like this. I really hope that poor girl makes it through ok and that the people are able to get her vetted.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I agree with you on irresponsible breeding but you really have to take into consideration the whole picture. I try no to generalize because I would not want anyone doing it to me and vets are humans to, I would question them a thousand times. I love my dogs and they are not champion or even show quality but they have a personality of gold and although I have never bred them I would consider it just to have the experience. I think everyone is entitled to do as they please, but I agree don't come asking for help once you dug your hole! I sure hope she gets the help she needs, she could loose the mommy!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll never buy a dog from a breeder again, responsible or otherwise, until every unwanted dog is safe and sound in a wonderful home.
I don't judge.
It's not up to me to say who's right or wrong but I can control what I do.
Mia came to us from an abuse situation and I will cherish her for the rest of her life.
It's all I can do.
Hopefully this person will start saving their money now to be able to pay for the Vet if needed.
I want to say they will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts