Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
dont be so hung up on size - most people are when they get a chi - I was the same at first - you have picked the smallest breed of dog in the worls so it is going to be small no matter what :wink:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
ozzysmom said:
dont be so hung up on size - most people are when they get a chi - I was the same at first - you have picked the smallest breed of dog in the worls so it is going to be small no matter what :wink:
:D Very true, I was too but now that I actually have my puppy I wish he was a bit bigger :D :D

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Vala, I was the same way too. I wanted tiny when I bought Mikey. But I so regret it now! Still i would not change owning Mikey but I would love it if he was bigger.

·
Registered
450 Posts
5 lbs isn't too big at all, my lil Jose is 4 mo's old and weighs that and he is so small! I wouldn't want him to stay this small, they get underfoot to easily. Chiquita is full grown and weighs in and a nice lean and trim 8.5 lb's and I love the size she is. It isn't the size of the package that matters, its whats in it. Chi's have a wonderful desire to please their owner, no matter what size they are. I love my chi's :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am bringing home a male chihuahua, 8 weeks, tomorrow. His father was 2.5 pounds, his mother about 4.5. He was 3.4 ounces at birth and at 8 weeks he is already 1 pound 14 ounces. The breeder says that none of this litter have followed the growth-chart. I think that he will be about 5 pounds, maybe 5.5. Anyone have an educated guess for me?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts