Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had people ask me what kind of dog she is and then tell me she is not a long coat Chihuahua because her coat isn't long enough. Is there a certain length the coat has to be to be considered longcoated?? I know her sire was a longcoat adn her mother a smooth coat and that is why her and Cash have different coat types.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Well she is only 8 months so the coat has time to come in more yet.
She does seem to mainly have ear fringe right now, and having the 2 coat types in her parents it's hard to tell what she would become.
She seems to have a very thick coat though.
You just never know what can happen, chi's change all the time i find. lol
She is a beauty either way! x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
She looks SC to me right now. Does her tail have any fringe at all? (doesn't look it from the top pic) It's strange because she does have some ear fringe going on. Sometimes SC's have more of a ruff...but I've never seen one with ear fringe. She maybe a LC who is growing her coat in now...or she may just be a SC with a nice thick double coat. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes her tail has fringe on it. the top picture is about two months old. the texture between her coat and Cash's is extreme opposite as well. Also her back legs have what I would call pants and on her chest there is a spot of light fringe.

not the best picture but you can see the fringe here
I figured since she is still young she was stil in her puppy coat and hadn't gotten her full coat in yet. Which is what I told the person who said she wasn't a LC. I agree either way she is as her name claims beautiful

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I'm going against the group. <ducks head> I think she's just a double coated smooth coat chi. Some smooth coat chis can have thicker coats. But..at that age, she could be going through the puppy uglies and shedding her baby coat for her adult coat which could take up to 3 years to come in all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts