Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was standing over Bizkit yesterday and noticed how the black stripe down the middle of his back and his tail are basically completely black now. I don't remember it being that solid black in the past. That just got me to wondering what color I would say he is--if he is a "standard" color (not that I know what those are).
I think these are pretty good representative pix. If you need another pic, like maybe one taken outside, just let me know.
Thanks for letting me pick your brains! I appreciate your opinions.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yes, he is a sable. But he has heavy sabling which is why it's so dark. Some are just lightly sabled. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thank you all--I had no idea! Now I can say I have a chocolate LC, a cream LC and a red sable SC (versus "brown with some black").

Thanks, Lin, for saying he's a cutie. I think so but I might be partial. He's my boy!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
You are welcome, but it's true! He's got the look I really like in a chi. And it looks like he's got that awesome broad boy chi chest. lol My Bu had lots of sabling as a pup, but it's almost all gone now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are welcome, but it's true! He's got the look I really like in a chi. And it looks like he's got that awesome broad boy chi chest. lol My Bu had lots of sabling as a pup, but it's almost all gone now.
What exactly is "sabling?"

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I think he looks fawn sable on my screen...sable is just a word to describe the darker hairs mixed in with the lighter ones. The word sable actually is just another way to refer to the color black, among other things lol (the word actually means lots of things...but in this case)...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He looks fawn sable to me
I finally got to see the pix of the Sables and I just might have to agree with you, Sarah. If when they say "Red," they truly mean the color red, Bizkit doesn't even have a red or orange tint to his hair color--def. shades of brown.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he looks fawn sable on my screen...sable is just a word to describe the darker hairs mixed in with the lighter ones. The word sable actually is just another way to refer to the color black, among other things lol (the word actually means lots of things...but in this case)...
Glad I asked...I would have guessed that Sable was a shade of brown. I too think he looks fawn.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ok- so is Gatsby a kind of sable too?
I looked at the pix on Heather's link and I didn't know a tri-color could be sable as well; at least, not one with such 'abstract' spots like Gats has. For him it's not really darker on a stripe down the back, just a little on the sides and one spot above his tail. I just always called him 'red and white' but his black hairs are coming out more lately I've noticed lol. Is he just a tri-color even though the black is all blended in randomly and not really distinguished?

(Not flattering but it's the best that shows his color pattern LOL..)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts