Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was just wondering if my dog is good looking enough to breed - and im not saying i am going to breed her i am toying with the idea - and well she's far too young now anyway (8 months)!

Does she look like a kc'd dog - because she is!

I know i have to look into it more, but for the moment i am just wondering what you all think of her - honest answers plz.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Any chihuahua can be registered with the KC aslong as Mom and dad are KC registered it does not mean they are any better than dogs without a KC.

Please post pics as the ones in your siggy are really blurred :wave:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i didnt mean she was any better - i just mentioned it incase it helps any? I have checked up the kc website and everything is up to the specifications but i was just wondering how nice my dog looks.I only have phone so the pic quality isnt that good) - and the part to add an attachment is not coming up when i'm trying to post a a message here???

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some pics of coco in the chihuahua pictures section - plz take a look they are the best i have for now but will take some more over the next few days - wil try to catch one when she's facing side ways on from me and a proper front view

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Im ot sure but I wouldnt worry as she will probnably be too small to breed as she is only 3 and a bit pounds at 8 motnhs but she sure is a utie pie :wave:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It`s not just about looks, it`s about the health as well. Was she checked for any hereditary diseases? In my opinion what you could do is try and show her for a while and then you`ll see if she`s a breeding material...... and also as someone mentioned, the size also matters as there is quite possible that a really small female might have problems while giving birth. That`s why breeders usually use slightly bigger females and smaller males for breeding.

All the best! :wave:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Any dog that is bred should have a clean bill of health read my sticky post it has alot of helpful information. Just because a dog is cute dosen't mean it should produce puppies dogs should only be bred to better are breed and introduce healthier dogs into and better standards.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i have checked back with the breeder and coco's family gr8 grandparents etc all have clean bill of health - which is good - i've also had her checked out and she's as fit as a fiddle. As far as showing is concerned that's why i got her in the first place because the lady who had her before had her for showing but coco wouldnt walk on that lead - i know she wouldn't like that sort of thing - she doesn't like being around ppl that she doesn't know but is ok once she gets to know them.

I have some pics of coco in the pictures forum so plz have a look - she truly is stunning!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
If you chi is registered, if your chi is the right weight, if she has an excelent pedigree and there isnt a history of health problems then yes, but do a ton of research first okay. Talk to other breeders, read books, ask the vet about costs during pregnancy and if an emergency were to pop up.

Always have in the back of your head that your chi can die from breeding. Is that a risk you are willing to take? I am not telling you not to, I am just telling you what someone once told me. Is all the risks worth it to you?

Oh, you can also get your girl checked out by the vet...they can do an exam and let you know if her knees, heart, and everything else is in top condition...you dont want to pass on any health problems to the pups.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love some pups from her if all those things you say are ok. But i would never be willing to risk her life - i couldn't loose my girl, it would break my heart :cry:!

I heard that the other day and i thought definetely not going to breed her now - it's not worth it!

Thanks for all your advice anyway :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I am glad you have decided against breeding she would of been too small :wave: Just enjoy her and if you want another pup get one :lol:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldnt have bread her if she was too small anyway i would have waited to see what maximum weight she'd reach if she was too small it would have been a no aswel!

But about the other pup, i dont know if coco would like it or not, she might get jealous :?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Im sure u have heard u never get any money out of breeding u usally spend more....scans, check-ups, emergency vet trips, c-section if needed so much......its a lot of money isnt it hope i dnt sound mean

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Iamafairy said:
Im sure u have heard u never get any money out of breeding u usally spend more....scans, check-ups, emergency vet trips, c-section if needed so much......its a lot of money isnt it hope i dnt sound mean
Opps sorry didn't realise u wernt gonna breed!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YEAH I KNEW IT WAS A LOT OF MONEY - I WASNT WANTING TO MAKE MONEY I WAS WANTING ONE OF HER BABIES TO KEEP AND I WLD SELL THE REST OF THEM - I KNOW IT WLDNT PAY FOR ALL THE MONIES I HAD TO PAY OUT FOR THE PREGNANCY AND THE PUPS BUT IT WLD B WORTH IT ALL TO HAVE ONE OF COCOS BABIES I THOUGHT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts