Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
I don't crate my dogs, either. I had them first in a playpen, then in the bathroom, and then the whole house once they were potty trained. They always have a potty pad if they need to go while I am gone.

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
Ok so wat ur all basically saying is pee pads are still they way to go, even if ur crate training?
So shud i get a big crate so she has somewhere to pee as well as sleep while im out?
Then will she always go toilet in her crate not matter how old?
Its just harder to know wat to do cos with bigger breeds u expect them to learn quiclky to always go outside, where as with chis it seems they are more like cats wen it comes to toilet training!
Pee pads users: Do they not end up costing a lot? I kno in my local pound shop they are 5 for £1. Im sure 5 wouldnt last that long? Are u constantly buying them?

Also until shes housebroken is it best not to let them sleep with u? Am i likely to wake up in a soiled bed?
I wouldn't put a pee pad in her crate. Either get her a playpen and put potty pads on one end, or don't use them at all. If you leave pads in her crate, she will think it is okay to potty in there. I am from the US, but I buy 100 pads for $15. I don't really notice the cost. I have two dogs and I usually only have to change the pad 1X per day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.