Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i know u prob get these qusetions all the time but just wanted to ask, where did u leave ur chis wen they were pups wen u left the house?

Like i plan to have a crate as it seems to be the best way to house train (am i right saying that?) So do u leave them in the crate? But then u cant expect a puppy, wen they are young, to hold it in for a few hours while ur out can u? Will she not end up just soiling her crate then?

Also do u all think crate training is best as pads encourage them to pee inside? and then does that mean u hav to be taking them outside every half hour or so? and wat do u do at night then keep them in the crate?

Sorry for all the questions!

P.s the most i work is 3 days a week and between 4-7 hours at a time so she wont be alone too much.

· Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so wat ur all basically saying is pee pads are still they way to go, even if ur crate training?
So shud i get a big crate so she has somewhere to pee as well as sleep while im out?
Then will she always go toilet in her crate not matter how old?
Its just harder to know wat to do cos with bigger breeds u expect them to learn quiclky to always go outside, where as with chis it seems they are more like cats wen it comes to toilet training!
Pee pads users: Do they not end up costing a lot? I kno in my local pound shop they are 5 for £1. Im sure 5 wouldnt last that long? Are u constantly buying them?

Also until shes housebroken is it best not to let them sleep with u? Am i likely to wake up in a soiled bed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.