Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a coffee can sitting on the corner of the table and it had been there for a couple of hours already when all of a sudden Taco started barking at it and backing away like he was scared. We took it off the table and put it on the floor and his reaction just got worse. I tried to show him that it was just a can by opening it and showing him the inside and tapping it, but he was scared to death of it. He does this kind of thing a lot. I know this sounds like maybe he's not very smart, but he really is, he just gets these funny ideas all the time, like the bug phobia, too. My husband says he is our comic relief. And he sure is, you never know what he's gonna do next. What a character. Is anyone else's like this or did I just get stuck with the psycho one? hehe

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
:lol: That must have been hilarious! You are right, that doesn't mean he's not smart, he just didn't know what it was. Buster is like that with cell phones! :roll:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Lily is like that with any new shape. I mean, she doesn't bark but she shies away and acts all scared. One day I put a box of Cheez-Its on my coffee table and she nearly freaked out. It was just a different shape that she wasn't used to.

P.S. She has overcome her fear of Cheez-It boxes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico is like that too...he will bark at anything thats not familiar to him in HIS house :lol: i'm wondering how he will act when we move and have all new furniture in the apartment.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheeewww....that's good that he's not the only one. I thought that maybe he was a little psycho sometimes (although it is kind of funny). Obviously, it's not an age thing either, I thought that maybe he just hadn't been exposed to some of these things because he's only 13 months. That's OK, though, at least maybe the entertainment won't end as he ages. hehe

Cheez-it's......that's funny Rachael! What little characters they are!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie does it too He wants everything in it's place :lol: :lol: He will even bark at the bucket Mike sits outside the door after he washes the car. It's strange cause he is not much of a barker unless he really hears something outside or something is weirdly out of place :roll:

·
Registered
276 Posts
HI same here!

:D :D :D

The best thing happend the other day..a plastic bag on the side of the road.
Bentley barcked at it and got scared...I went there..showeing him ITS JUST A BAAAAG..right at that moment the wind blew it up...it moved real fast towards me...and I yelled louder than he barcked...
But hey - dont call ME stupid now :oops: :D :D :D :D :D

xx,

Nadine.

·
Registered
568 Posts
chimom said:
:lol: No, you are not alone. :lol: Jasmine does not like anything in her house that she does not recognize, and she does not like for me to move things around or re-arrange furniture. :roll:
I have the same problem and here I thought it was only Bella. :lol:

Leslie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts