Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought it probably was since they have eyes that protrude slightly. But just thought i'd ask ;)
Leila's water sometimes and when she shakes, sometimes a tear will fly off. :laughing8:
Her eyes arent' like wet around the bottoms though, like the fur underneath isn't like wet.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
When do you notice this??
Dahlia is real sensitive to room fresheners like glade spray etc.
Also to my perfumes.Try to notice whats going on when this happens.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
The only one of mine that water a significant amount more than the rest is Marley. Under his eyes are often wet & I'm wondering if it's a slight allergy to chicken. The tearing is completely clear & he has no other symptoms of allergies so it could just be because he's got the buggiest eyes of my lot. I notice it gets MUCH worse when he's eating bone in meals & there have been a couple of "intense" bone in meals where the tear dripped right down to his mouth. :confused: (intense as in he's really into it or had to hork pieces up a few times before getting them down) I think he just gets so into it maybe he forgets to blink? haha Just kidding. I don't know but I don't tend to worry about it since he's the only one & he has no other allergy signs. I think some just tend to water more than others. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Mine water in the sun and wind

Lotus gets really watery eyes after meals she doesn't have tear staining but the fur will be soaked after she eats

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I notice Honeys water from time, to time. But not ALL the time! I normally just give her eyes a quick wipe and thats the end of it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I just noticed today the the fur under eyes is slightly wet. I think she has always had this though. Her eyes aren't particularly buggy i don't think.
I wouldnt be to concerned, but it wont hurt to mention it at your next vet visit.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My girls don't water that much, but when they do it seems like in the sun when they are soaking it up on the porch or patches of it in the house. Other wise I hardly even see them water.

Edited to say that I forgot my cousins Chi, Gizmo....his eyes use to water too and it was from allergies he actually got on meds for them (not just b/c of the eye water) That was many years ago though lol He turned 9 in June.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Gonzo's eyes water a lot, but Billy's are always wet. Gonzo had some allergy problems, they were very itchy and he was scratching at them constantly, so much that they were getting sores around them. Prednesone stopped that. Billy's water, but he never scratched at them and the vet said that is just normal for him.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey's eyes water some, but not as bad now that she's on a raw diet than they did on kibble. They will water if she has a particularly tough piece of meat or something but that's from the muscles used to chew (I think)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I rescued Jazz at 11 weeks, she had some serious issues, amongst them a pretty bad eye infection. Not only did they water, they were crusty and oozy, and it was jsut nasty. Since taking care of that her eyes hardly water. Tango has one eye that waters more than the other, though neither are bad.

Like many of you, my vet assured me that some slight watering was normal because of the eye protrusion, and also because they're much closer to the ground so have more irritants to contend with. Pugs and Bostons, as a couple more examples, have similar eye issues, for the same reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts