Her mama and daddy may have each been an applehead
and/or a deerhead

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you

Thank You for your post.
Your little angels are absolutely darling as well!!!

Just want to eat em up!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
LOL I got tickled at that one also hehe!! I also think it doesn't matter because she is as cute as can be!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Your little one is more of a deer head. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL
too funny. Yes she has a head, thank gosh. So much easier for eating and drinking and barking.....
Of course it doesn't matter to mommy. I was just curious as to your opinions, so when someone asks ME when we are out, I can sound a bit more intelligent LOL

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
LOL
too funny. Yes she has a head, thank gosh. So much easier for eating and drinking and barking.....
Of course it doesn't matter to mommy. I was just curious as to your opinions, so when someone asks ME when we are out, I can sound a bit more intelligent LOL
Hehe, sometimes I wish that mine didn't have heads... especially when they hear noises from outside!

Anyway, the whole "chihuahua head" thing is really, well, strange.

There are technically only two types of chihuahuas: long coats and short coats. The chihuahua breed standard says that chihuahuas should have an apple domed head.

This is where the nickname "apple head" comes from, which isn't a technical term.

Techically, there is only "breed standard" and out of standard.

A chihuahua without the apple domed head will have a sloping head without a stop, and a longer snout. The nickname "deer head" is just because these chihuahuas resemble deers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank You!
Since I rescued her from a backyard breeder, (who is no doubt breeding the standard right out of our little Chi's) I was just curious, because she told me she was an applehead.
Is the weight max for the standard 6lbs?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yep, AKC requires a chihuahua to be between 2-6lbs in order to be shown.

Chihuahuas can still be larger than that, though. It just means they can't be shown.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts