Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little video of Bryco on lead... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNVRgGes-8

He didn't like the wind blowing on him!

His coat has kinda started to come in and its different lengths all over him. It's driving me nuts.

"Ears"...what I tell him to do when I want him to look cute. It's hard to get a good pic of his face b'c it's white.

My fuzzes are hasing crazies!

Still not standing over his front legs quite right but we are getting there slowly but surely.

Hehe I hesitated to post this pic because you can really see how awful the different lengths are. At least when I groom it I can fluff it all and its not so obvious...but man, will be so happy when this business of coat growth is done!

The bump from fuzz on his shoulders...

Ahh make it go away! He does so well free stacking now though, even with loads of distractions.

His 1st show is this upcoming weekend.:)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I think he's just beautiful, Kristi. I love him. :) I can't wait to hear how it goes at the show, very exciting! Good luck, it should be fun. :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Awww he is such a doll! I just love him. I too can't wait to hear all about his first show! It is too cute too how his coat is growing in - his coat reminds me of when my daughter decided to cut her own hair when she was little - luckily she only cut her bangs, but boy were they short for a long time because I had to even them out. Of course I couldn't get mad at her because I did the exact same thing, but I was several years older which made it worse. Oh and when I cut them I did it the day before picture day at school! LOL

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Kristi I don't see any problem with his coat it just looks like it's growing in I think his coat on the back of his neck will be thick as you can noticeably see it!! His tail is staring it's plume give it a month and take more pics you'll be shocked!!!

He looks good in his Video and pictures you've done really well

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ah yes, I can definitey see what you're talking about. LOL It would drive me crazy too but I am SURE the judges will understand & by his next show you won't have any worries. :) I think he is beautiful though & he stands so nicely!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
His coat will be fine fluff it up before going in the ring like move your fingers accross his body the wrong way and make messy, His stack is perfect. now grooming if you are ok with it or get a groomer to trim inside base of ears clean them up inside but nothing outside of ears only trim stragly hairs also even up pants and trim pads and short nails. of course whiskers too. try to get him jumpy and waggly when standing for Judge, Judges eat it up remember its a alert and fun breed so judges like that. I will get pictures loaded and share with you later so you see what I mean.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it's not that horrid, its just irritating...LOL. Like pictures really don't quite capture how many different lengths are on him, and the topline is a disaster right now. Thankfully they feel the topline too :) The fur on the sides of his neck has started to stick out a good bit but he hasn't gotten any chest fluff yet, I think that will help it all balance out a bit I hope. When there are girls around he carries his tail perfectly, lol. Otherwise he's lazy like he is in his video. But there will be girly doggies @ the show :-D

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might bring a tiny toy, Cynthia. He goes absolutely bonkers for small fuzzy toys filled w/ catnip, that'll get him jumpy and wiggly!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He looks like an old pro Kristi. He's like ho hum, here we go. ha ha. He will probably be alert and lively at the show. Your idea of a fuzzy squeaky toy is a good one. When you get to the show, get one of the little rabbit furred squeaky mice. He'd love it. They aren't a toy to let him have at home - but they are guaranteed to get some cute expressions out of him in the ring! We had boatloads of those things. ha ha.

Cherrybrook has them - they look like this .....

Furry Mouse with Squeaker and Real Rabbit Fur (5.5 inch) ASSORTED COLORS ONLY - Cherrybrook

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
He is just so precious! I just love him! Look how he's grown! When he came out of his tummy trouble, he really blossomed, didn't he! So cute!! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
He is so handsome. It drove me nuts waiting for Sebastians coat to grow in, seemed like it took forever. Good luck at your show.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He looks like an old pro Kristi. He's like ho hum, here we go. ha ha. He will probably be alert and lively at the show. Your idea of a fuzzy squeaky toy is a good one. When you get to the show, get one of the little rabbit furred squeaky mice. He'd love it. They aren't a toy to let him have at home - but they are guaranteed to get some cute expressions out of him in the ring! We had boatloads of those things. ha ha.

Cherrybrook has them - they look like this .....

Furry Mouse with Squeaker and Real Rabbit Fur (5.5 inch) ASSORTED COLORS ONLY - Cherrybrook
I'll see if I can find some of those...I want something new and exciting. He knows what to do, and he's spunkier by far at class. But he thinks it's old hat in our "pretend" ring practice at home. He just does it for the cookies...I also don't use high value treats for practice anymore, since he knows what to do...savin' up for the big time ;) To help get him excited. Some people have said not to use anything squeaky so I won't squeak it if I don't have to but at this point I don't really care, I want his first experiences to be fun, we can work on winning later...

He is just so precious! I just love him! Look how he's grown! When he came out of his tummy trouble, he really blossomed, didn't he! So cute!! :)
He definitely was a late bloomer, and definitely is still a growin' boy! As soon as we switched him off of kibble or wet food to THK he just started to really turn into a totally different puppy/dog. I'm so glad we found something that works for him and he will be gorgeous when he's done all this awkward puppy stuff I think! Thank you :)

He is so handsome. It drove me nuts waiting for Sebastians coat to grow in, seemed like it took forever. Good luck at your show.
Thanks :) The waiting is absolute torture. Makes me want to cry LOL.:foxes15:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Bryco is such a cutie. He has the most stunning eyes. I'm so in love! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts