Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryco has always been very vocal...not a barker, but just...vocal. At first I thought he was whining. He makes this little exited whimper any time he's in a new situation pretty much the whole time...on walks he does it periodically, right now he's sitting in my lap at work just making his little noises...

I know he doesn't need to potty, he's not in any pain, he's healthy and happy, but this little noise whimper deal is both cute and odd...it almost sounds excited but I really can't tell...

Anyone else's dogs do something along these lines?

Sometimes we think he's doing it because he's so so excited but unsure what he wants because he's already got it. Like he will paw at our knees to be picked up and held but then he starts this noise bit. It's cute but it doesn't seem normal LOL.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody does that sometimes too, where he will make little funny noises.

It almost sounds like a cat meowing so we are teaching him to meow. We hold a treat, or a toy, and tell him to MMMEEEOOOWWWWW and he is starting to connect it with that weird sound he makes and hopefully soon we will have a meowing dog. ha ha.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahahaha I'm going to have to try this too...He's really only been doing this for maybe 2 months max...and its often, at a variety of things!And it DOES sound like meowing now that you mention it.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he "wants" but he doesn't know what, LOL. Like on walks, he is oh so chipper and happy, but he "wants" to be both head of the pack, biting and chasing Trigger, smelling evrerything and peeing on everything, maybe its all just too much!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I think he "wants" but he doesn't know what, LOL. Like on walks, he is oh so chipper and happy, but he "wants" to be both head of the pack, biting and chasing Trigger, smelling evrerything and peeing on everything, maybe its all just too much!
aww ;) what a happy-go-lucky lil guy!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Lila does this on walks. I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking maybe she feels anxious??

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mia makes a weird little sound but it's virtually impossible to describe--kind of a quiet groany/grunty sound? She does it when she's on my lap asleep. Sometimes I'll pick her up from my lap to cradle her like a baby and this is when she makes her little sound. It's so sweet. It's kind of like a sound that says she really likes it but also maybe "I'm so sweet--feel sorry for me."

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Roo does a bunch of weird little noises. I've tried to catch them on video, but she always stops when the camera comes out. She's such a funny little girl. Pip doesn't do any other than the typical dog noises, but Roo is a chatterbox.

Bryco sounds so cute! :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yep Jake does that, I call it talking and have used it for fun. So at Novelty Classes for "Best Trick" I ask Jake to talk and he will do this amazing chatter. Its really cute isn't it.. Some days he will come up to me while I am on the laptop, place his head gently on my legs and if that don't get attention he starts chatting.

Deme x

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Reggie is a talker, too. He gets excited and wants my attention so he kinda whines and crouches down and twirls around and will grab my pants leg and tug on it. I think it's cute.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have a mad chicken chi

This is weird and hard to explain
but Dahlia does a deep throaty grouchy sounding
chicken cluck!! It like shes chewing you out
or complaining.Its really funny and hard not to
laugh at her when shes so full of herself.

She does it at my husband mostly when he
doesnt notice her when she wants him to.
Its a coyote howl yodel that goes into a
deep gripey chicken clucking.
Does this make any sense??

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
This is weird and hard to explain
but Dahlia does a deep throaty grouchy sounding
chicken cluck!! It like shes chewing you out
or complaining.Its really funny and hard not to
laugh at her when shes so full of herself.

She does it at my husband mostly when he
doesnt notice her when she wants him to.
Its a coyote howl yodel that goes into a
deep gripey chicken clucking.
Does this make any sense??
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. Twiggy made this duck sounding noise whan she was going into heat. It was hilarious. She hasn't made it since she came back out of heat.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender whines if she gets excited. She whines when she wants what Cosmo has or when she is waiting for supper and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. I always talk to her and ask what she wants. She's just vocalizing, I think. She obviously knows that whining gets attention and it does, of course!

Jeanette

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Well I have to say, I can relate but not really...
When my girls whine, most of the time I am able to pinpoint what they need. When Britney likes to play "crippled" she will whine and huff and puff at the couch until she is picked up. Butter is scared of our water dispenser so I have to place her food FEET away from it, but if I have her food and water right next to one another, she starts whining, so I offer her water and if she turns her head, that tells me she wants the food.

Butter is definitely much more whinier and Britney is more obvious, she will bark and bark until she gets what she wants/needs.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well I have to say, I can relate but not really...
When my girls whine, most of the time I am able to pinpoint what they need. When Britney likes to play "crippled" she will whine and huff and puff at the couch until she is picked up. Butter is scared of our water dispenser so I have to place her food FEET away from it, but if I have her food and water right next to one another, she starts whining, so I offer her water and if she turns her head, that tells me she wants the food.

Butter is definitely much more whinier and Britney is more obvious, she will bark and bark until she gets what she wants/needs.
lol Lexxi is terrified of the water dispenser, too. She hates it if the food is right next to it and gives it a lot of mistrustful looks as she scoots in and grabs a piece of food and runs off to eat it. She hates the sound it makes when the air bubble happens. i just realized it the other day. So now I separate the food and water and have a bowl of water just for her.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts