Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy.. im a new member here, and I just got my chihuahua about a week ago, so I'm kinda new to this!
He's beginning to understand where to 'do his business' and what not, and he's getting the hang of things already, I just feel like i need a second opinion on a few things...

He was sneezing a lot 2 days ago, but then he was fine again, so I'm assuming he was just cold?

Also, he seams very isolated, but only when I don't bring him to me, again, maybe because he's still new to the apartment so he's shy?

One last thing! Is it fine to feed him Milk? Because I was told that that's good for him, but when I was reading about it online, it advised not to.. he's just about 3 months old and he has his food, Vitamins and Treats..

Thank you so much for you're help! I really appreciate it!=)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome I was told by my vet not to give milk,only water when my breeder gave me milk to bring home with my puppy when she was 11 weeks old .Maybe the sneezing was reverse sneezing that chis do a lot,but if he does it a lot i would check with your vet.I'm sure he'll come round it's all very new to him at the moment.Any pictures of your new chi ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
are you talking about regular/cow milk or puppy milk?

i wouldn't give regular/cow milk as it has a tendency to cause diarreah.

i give my three year old Stottie, puppy milk to supplement his daily food/calorie intake as he has digestive issues and loses weight rapidly if just given water.
but that's on the advice of our vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts