Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scratch: Is it normal for chis to cry and cry when they want to be picked up? Stinky is been doing this for a few days...He follows me EVERYWHERE and whenever I sit down he jumps up and down and if I don't pick him up he starts crying....does this mean he needs more exercise or what? Does it happen to any of you?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
aw poor baby wants his mamma! :D
Kemo does that, if he can't reach me he will run around and jump up and down and whine. Then when I go to get him we play chase me mamma his favorite game, when we get to this certain spot he will throw himself on the floor and then and only then can I pick him up! It's such a chore, sometimes it's annoying when you are trying to do something fast. Most of the time it's funny. :lol:
He is a crazy dog!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco hasn't started doing this (yet) but to me it just sounds like Stinky may be getting a bit spoiled. :wink: If you want to stop him from whining, just totally ignore him when he does it and praise him when he finally stops. If you are consistent he should stop.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Harley will do this sometimes too. Especially if he can't reach me. For example if he is on the floor and I am on the bed or vice a versa. We visited my family down the shore and we brought Harley and they have a screen door and everytime I would go inside to help them or grab some food, Harley would follow me in and out and if I didn't let him in with me he would sit at the door and cry. It sounds so pitiful but I can't *always* let him get his way, he'd be way too spoiled. I guess he just likes being mommy's little shadow. LOL! Sounds like Stinky always wants to be in you arms or near you.

Jessica

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yuup! Sounds like your pup is so attached to his mama. Of course, they're our babies...would never want to leave us out of their sights! Whines and cries are the way for them to get your attention. Sometimes, I would just ignore Yoyo if he does that. He would make a BIG SIGH and walk away! Sounds like an old man! So funny! :wink:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Yep Auggie does it too. If i am on the couch and he wants up he whines. If I don't pick him up quick enough he starts to jump up and down and whine. If I leave him on the couch and leave the room for any length of time he whines. He can't jump off the couch or doesn't know that he can. One thing about him that's funny is he doesn't like being picked up from the front. Even when he wants up if we reach for him that way he backs up. He likes to be picked up from the side. That's almost impossible to do when he facing you so I use a kind of hand signal and he turns sideways for me to pick him up. What a goofball! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yup...my Chi's do that too....if I am sitting on the couch they will cry to come up (they can't get up on furniture by themselves).

Little Stinky just loves being with his mama. My Chi's also cry if they hear my husband pull up in the driveway...they will sit by the door and cry....really bad...it is too cute!!! :flower:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:toothy4: hehehe...good to hear is normal i was getting worried! I taught him that if he wants me to pick him up he has to sit first then I put my hand, facing up, near him and when I wiggle my fingers he has to come and position himself so that I grab him by the armpits.. :D :D :D It works but the cryin' thing just started a few days ago....so probably i'm getting him too spoiled :D :oops: :D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts