Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Smeagol for almost 2 weeks now. And I pee pad train him. He's been good at doing this. But sometimes he still peed and pooped in living room. It's carpeted. I watch him very closely all the time and caught him almost everytime he was about to do his business and moved him right away to his pee pad. Now I want to try to crate training him. I tried this morning but he didn't want to stop whining. Is it too late to do that because he's used of being free around the house. Should I just continue doing what I do right now? He's only 10 weeks old now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the article. I've been doing most of it. So I guess I'm on the right path :p. Will continue doing it and be more patient. And I will try to crate trained him again. But hearing all that whining really breaks my heart ;).

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
My Willow was like that when I first introduced her to the kennel. But then I started doing her feedings in the kennel and that made all the difference. Then she didn't mind going in the kennel and quickly lost her desire to fuss when in there. You could also put in a chewie in with him that he only gets when he goes in the kennel.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Nope it isn't too late, I have a 5 year old chihuahua & a 6 month old Miniature Pinscher who are in the process of getting crate trained right now, they were previously potty pad trained (well kind of) but we are wanting to refresh things and get them better about pottying in the correct spot so we are starting over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts