Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sadie is a jumper. She loves to jump on anything. She seems to be careful about the jumping off part though. For instance, she doesn't jump off in the dark. So far, she isn't jumping off of anything over 32 inches high. I'm not stressing over it. I'm watching her though. I think these dogs are fairly intelligent and self-preservation will win out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with the "let the dog jump" folks... I think if it's too high, she won't! these are dogs, they love exercise, and Tink loves to jump up and off of couches, but I can't get her up and down a full staircase.....
Tink has jumped off of a few things where i seriously worried about her safety,she's a daredevil anyway...except for the stairs... unless your dog actually has a leg problem, I wouldn't fuss too much...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Minnie has a bad habit of jumping on the couch and off what was it that deters them that I can use? I can say no a hundred times and she wont listen. Its hard living in this house right now as my room-mate has decided she hates minnie and isnt very nice to her so im keeping minnie well out of her way.I need to stop minnie from optimisticlly running over to her.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Wow, she sounds quite the acrobat, Scruffy can't jump up to save his life and so many times when he has jumped off things (even if relatively low) he has got hurt...I personally am against jumping now as Scruffy has caused himself damage but your baby sounds like she may b ok...the only prob is one day she can push her boundaries too much and land badly on her leg/s which is a real worry

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
tiny- dog- luverr said:
Minnie has a bad habit of jumping on the couch and off what was it that deters them that I can use? I can say no a hundred times and she wont listen. Its hard living in this house right now as my room-mate has decided she hates minnie and isnt very nice to her so im keeping minnie well out of her way.I need to stop minnie from optimisticlly running over to her.
Oh how sad, why does your roommate feel that way? That must be really hard on you and Minnie.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Jumping from high places can break legs, cause knee problems, and even hip joint problems. I know someone who had their chi jump off the couch and break his little leg. Just discourage it as much as possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d change room mate.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts