Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I noticed that Sammy likes to give me extra kisses (licks) when I have lotion on. I was wondering if anyone knew if certain ones are toxic or dangerous?

I am currently using Kiehl's light creme de corps. Even though it's unscented, Sammy knows instantly when I have it on and goes crazy licking my hands or legs.

Any advice?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Bindi is a lotion licker and she has been surviving although I do stop her when I know what she is doing :? crazy dawg!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
all of my dogs are obsessive compulsive lotion lickers, chiwi however will jsut lick if you have lotion or nothing lol that girls tongue is in constant motion. the 2 biggest lotion licking offenders are 7 and 8 years old and have been at it al their lives...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lola does that too!! She loves my Olive Body Shop cream! And my Solar Oil I use on my nails!! :D I try and stop her but she won't leave me alone!!! And she licks to death at the best of times!! I guess we must just smell good!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have read not to allow themto lick if you have make up on it can make them ill because of the chemicals. Body lotion hmmm... well I wouldnt allow it. What I wont put in my mouth wont goin my chis

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When I first got my ankle tattoo, Cooper would try to lick the lotion off it while it was healing. Now I don't put lotion on it at all (well, sometimes) but he still licks the tattoo... I guess he wasn't after the lotion, he just doesn't like the tat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Richie does that too, guess it's the smell that attracts them. I think if it happens once in a while it will nothurt, but I try to stay away from him right after creaming :wink: just to make sure, you know

Richie's mom

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Iamafairy said:
Mine never are allowed to but they always go for my fake tan!
Lily loves the lotion but she hates the fake tanning stuff. I try to catch her before she licks me but that tongue is sometimes just too quick. As we all know, a chi tongue moves even faster than the speed of sound. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts