Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went away for a few days w/ my husband to vegas. And when i left my luna was only having an accident in the house here and there. Maybe once a week if one of the kids forgot to walk her or something. But now that i am home she is having tons of them and not just pee, poop too. And she will do it right in front of me. What do i do. Is she throwing a tantrum because i left her for three days or what. How do i repotty train a 9mth old chi. She was a sun of gun to break in the first place???? PLEASE HELP :foxes15:

·
Registered
369 Posts
She may indeed be a little mad at you. Her potty habits are one way to get your attention I am sure. But I would just go back to basics for a few days until she knows that you are there to stay and life is back to normal and she has nothing to worry about. Once she sees the light she should go back to how she was before you left.

Just in case it happens to be something else though, watch for signs of a UTI or other illnesses she may have been exposed to while you were away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its a UTI because she is also pooping, and i dont know how she could have been exposed to anything she did not go any where my son stayed w/ her
So ill try back to the basics

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I would be more inclined to say that she is stressed from the changes. Get her back in a routine ASAP, and treat her like a puppy. So use a crate or tether, whatever you used in the first place, and take her out after every meal, nap and play session. Praise like mad when she goes in the right place, but just ignore any accidents.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I agree with the above post. Do NOT allow this little devil to have the run of the house. Back to being crated, penned whatever. When she is given the opportunity to 'go' in undesirable places, it will just make it harder to stop. So now she has to earn the right to be out and about all over again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts