Votes: 0 0.0%
  • is it a real chi?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Hard to tell from that picture. HOnestly does it really matter if she is a mix or not if youve had her 5 years its not gunna change the way you feel about her. :) She is pretty either way.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
It is indeed really hard to tell from those pictures but she is a cutie pie either way :love5: . I agree, your love for her will not change if she's a mix. :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Some full chihuahuas look like mixes, and some chi mixes look like full blood chihuahuas! So you can tell people whatever you want, lol.
She's beautiful regardless of it she's a mix or not!

·
Registered
8 Posts
How much does your dog weigh? It appears that somthing else might be mixed in.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yes, but people might call all kinds of dogs Chihuahua but until you have papers to prove it you never know. Unfortunately some will also breed/sell dogs that are definitely not good representatives of the breed and have no idea about which lines they are breeding or whether there was some hereditary disease involved in the past. :cry:
Over all, this is a really sweet looking girl!!! :wink: :wave:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ory&C said:
Yes, but people might call all kinds of dogs Chihuahua but until you have papers to prove it you never know. Unfortunately some will also breed/sell dogs that are definitely not good representatives of the breed and have no idea about which lines they are breeding or whether there was some hereditary disease involved in the past. :cry:
Over all, this is a really sweet looking girl!!! :wink: :wave:
Papers don't prove jack. Before DNA testing a bad breeder could get papers on any dog pure or mixed just by lying.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Right but you said that until you have papers you aren't sure if you have a purebreed. I'm saying that isn't always the case. Think about it, I am certain that my dog's are purebred as far as i know. I can't be sure that years ago a sneak happened a breeder lied and register chi mix pups as purebreeds and dog's from that litter looked pure chi's, they were mated etc etc. There might be mixed blood in any of our purebreeds lines. As far as i'm concerned papers don't mean anything, there's also I think the CKC that you just need to send a picture of your dog and tell them the breed and you can get papers on them, i'm sure a few other "kc's" are like that too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts