Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im gonna upload some pix of my chihuahua lil s**t cos he looks to be massive compared to your dinky treasures.....his dad was small and weighed about 3lbs and mum was small too but all your pups look small and fragile......could i have a beast chihuahua.....i will get pix of him and say my uk sze 4 trainer for comparison.......i love him to bits but dont want a frankenstein dog lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
lol, akc says they are 2-6 pounds, but some are sometimes a bit bigger, my layla is 7 pounds, but she is still sooo tiny, they are like people, and sometimes some of them are just bigger and sometimes they are smaller, the smaller ones are really cute and all but they are alot of work, my liam is almost 5 months and he is only 1 pound and 4 oz so hes about the size of a dang hamster! its alot of work because he is so tiny! your dogs not a frankenstein dog lol, love him for who he is and not what size he is, just like he would love you! good luck with em!

·
Registered
477 Posts
hahaha ... they do come in all sizes! I had a Chi that weighed four pounds and one that weighed 16 pounds (lost weight down to 12 healthy pounds), both purported to be full Chis and both beautiful. My Lavender weighs 5.5 pounds and she is very small. My four-pounder was short legged and compact, the 12-pound one was long legged and tall and slender. Lavender is a little longer in the leg and slim bodied, but well purportioned and beautiful. They're all sweeties!!

Jeanette

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
"your dogs not a frankenstein dog lol, love him for who he is and not what size he is, just like he would love you!"
We have 8 chi babies.. from 4.5 pounds to nearly 9 pounds.. and each one is a beautiful and devoted baby.. Unless you plan to "show" the size of your chi should not be a determining factor in your relationship. A dog under 10 pounds is a very small dog..

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My girls are literally about 3 ounces different in size yet one of them looks MUCH thinner than the other.
It is about them being healthy and carrying a healthy weight for their frame.
Last week at the vet a lady commented to her baby that "those girls are going to be MUCH smaller babies than you". She was a chi and a gorgeous girl. I was shocked that she was like 13 years old as she did not look nor seem it. She was very tall and her weight looked perfect for her frame.
I could not resist and I asked our tech what the weight was on that little one and it was something over 8 pounds. I would NEVER have guessed that. The owner said that she was healthy as could be and was just their for annual visit.

So, I plan to "judge my books by their covers". I want them to be healthy and carry weight appropriate for them. Even though they are just a couple of weeks apart in age, I would expect that their weights will be different given that their frames are as well.

I'd say if your little one is healthy and weight is fine for frame, you have no concern as the others have nicely said!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I have six chihuahua they range from 5pounds to 12pounds.And I LOVE them.It don't matter to me.Don't worry about size just love him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not worried about his size as the vets said he is in perfect condition, its just that you guys seem to have uber small dogs

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Perfect condition is what I am aiming for. That is great!
So, you can see that there are full grown babies here from 2-16 pounds! There are also a big bunch of us with puppies on here right now so if you see some weights discussed, it could be by those of us who are checking with others to see that ours are gaining as they should.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I will post some pics of Radar and Rascal who is 11 to 12 pounds.
This is Radar

Here is him Beside Freckles who is about 7pounds

This is rascal he is about 11 pounds

They are big BUT Radar is my biggest baby.He is in pefect shape.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your chi's are stunning!!!!!
i have larger dogs so he seems small but huge to me!!!!!!
i weighed him yesterday and at 15 weeks he weighs 1lb 4 oz's
i am arranging playdates with other small breeds so that he can socialize with dogs his own size.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 pound 4 oz is huge to you?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
1 lb. 4 oz. at 15 weeks???? He is SMALL!! Tiny, even.

Mine are only going to be 4-ish lbs. full grown (which is small-average) and they were 2 lbs. aat 12 weeks and 2 lbs. at 14 weeks!!

I thought you must have had an adult dog over 10 pounds!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
LOL! First of all pics can be deceiving ;-) Secondly, your baby may be a cobbier puppy and you are just thinking of features?? 20 oz is so very tiny, not large at all. I would love to see pics of your baby :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Hmm.. how could someone say 1 pound 4 oz is huge??

·
Registered
355 Posts
1 lb 4 oz is only huge if you're a sammich. Or Kiera Knightley (who should eat a sammich). My Pablo is about 13.2 lbs. (down from 15 lbs at his original home) but it's all love!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry about that my vet's assistant is a dumbass!!!!!! he was weighed again and he weighs 2kgs......she wasnt placing him on the scale properly!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I think 2 kg's is 4.4 lbs so yes he will be on the larger side. If he charts correctly then my guess would be 8 or 9 lbs. Charts are not fool proof though so could be smaller or larger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts