Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes after she's been asleep and wakes up if you go near her or touch her she will growl and bite. It's like she's not really awake. Normally she is a very loving, playful dog.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey does this sometimes late at night while sleeping if I try to move her over so I can roll over. Never shows aggression during the day. Guess she just dosen't want to be bothered.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Same thing here. If its the middle of the night and Reese is curled up sleeping and my fiance tries to move him, he gives him a very grumpy growl. Not during the day if he is napping or whatever, just late late at night when hes down for the night. He is most certainly awake when he growls though, just sleepy.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've had a dog running in his sleep before having nightmares. It was so funny, but I felt bad for him, so I woke him up. They have nightmare just likes us, but it makes you wonder what they have nightmare about. I've heard them whimper in their sleep & not to abruptly wake them up & scare the fire out of them, I'll gently pet them. Sometimes, they're in such a deep sleep, they don't hear you calling their name. It's cute watching them sleep.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I may be the only one but I still don't think this is acceptable if they are growling when in YOUR bed I'd put them in their crate or bed or whatever it's not acceptable if youroll over in the night and pee the dog off you'll have a chi attached to your arse!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Reese doesnt normally do it either, just every now and then, if you go to lift him up when hes sleeping he will let out a bit of growl. He never tries to bite, nor does he have a problem with me tossing and turning at night, he just snuggles right up :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oakley does it to our other dogs, but not to us. She can't STAND it when the other dogs disturb her beauty rest. She did it once to me and she was promptly plunked back in her crate, even though I think she thought I was one of the other dogs. Its not OK for your dog to be grumpy at you because you've disturbed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts