Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
She could be a cross, but I see a lot more chi in there. Is it just the color that makes you think minpin? Purebred chis do come in black and tan like that. Also her ears are erect like a chi, min pins are a cropped breed- their ears are very floppy if not cropped. I would think it would be unlikely for a 50/50 cross to have erect ears, I'm no min pin expert though.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
She is gorgeous regardless. As Annie says lots of Chi in there and maybe a bit of something else. Min Pin? Mini Foxie? You can have her DNA tested if you are really interested but I'm not sure how reliable the tests are. She is a lucky girl to be safe in your care. Have fun with her!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's really tall like a MinPin ..that's why I initially thought she was a mix.
From reading here though, it seems she's all Chi!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I went to visit a breeder once (not AKC) who had chi-s that were tall like that. when I asked to see where the "parents" were -they were in crowded crates, stacked floor to ceiling. I noticed they had that "leggy" look, They were not bred to AKC standard and that crating may have contributed to her breeding stock looking so leggy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O wow...that's so sad. I don't have her history but all I have is her vet record that shows she was born Oct. 1 2013.
That is probably why she's leggy...:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts