Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm just curious to what everyone thinks of my "Chihuahua". When I got her I was told she was a Chihuahua but I'm thinking she might be mixed with something. Just thought I'd get opinions from Chi owners. So what does everyone think, full Chi or not? If you think she's mixed with something, what is it that you think she's mixed with? I've had her for almost five years so I could care less if she's a mutt but I'm just curious to what people think of her :)

Here's a few pictures:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Marie, she is beautiful, and looks all Chi to me. :)
SUCH sweet eyes she has, aww!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I was wondering, what makes you think she is a mix? Something about her temperament or her look?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! :)

Nothing in particular. Just EVERYONE asks me what she is when I take her out and when I say "Chihuahua" they give me a weird/confused look. The only thing temperament wise that confuses me is that she has a pretty high prey drive! She LOVES to Chase small animals and her hair often stands up on her back and she stares at the animal with a real intense stare. It also takes a lot of self control for her not to chase my cat.

What's weird is she doesn't react to all animals like that though lol.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
She's beautiful! I'm no chi expert, but from the pix I can see what you mean. In some pix, I would say definitely 100% chi and in others . . .maybe a mix, but if so, very very small amount. She looks like she has very soft fur!!
What a sweetie!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
She's lovely. I think it's because people who don't know Chihuahuas seem to have this idea of a small, very short haired Chihuahau and don't realise just how much variation there is in the breed. That's one of the reasons why I love them. Each one looks like an individual.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Looks like a full Chi too me but I am no expert. People don't think Lacey is a full Chi because she is on the bigger side (7 lbs). But she has papers ect.

Most people when they think Chi they think 4 lb tan dog. Alot of people have no idea about color and size variation.

I used to get the same thing with my Cocker Spaniel (RIP). She was on the smaller side. And people constantly insisted she was a Cockapoo. But she was another one I knew for a fact was purebred. She was just a puppymill rescue and badly bred.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it's hard to tell for the photos. but i have seen pedigree chis with multi ch pedigrees that looks like chihuahua mix and I have seen non pedigree chi's that looks like champions.

She's not a show chihuahua, but she dosen't look like a mix to me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.