Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had Bailey on Ziwi Peak for about 2 weeks now, had no problems up until yesterday and today. She eats her morning portions fine, no problem! Gobbles it right up, but for dinner she won't eat it, just keeps spitting it out. It is possible that maybe I am giving her too much in the morning and she is still full? (Although she wants what we eat if we are eating) Or does she not like it anymore? What do I do? She is 4 pounds, 5.5 months, and I am feeding her the lamb. ( I give her one of their scoops twice a day) Ideas??

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Do you mean that you give her a full scoop of ZP twice a day, using the scoop that comes in the bag? If so, I think that is double what she needs or so. Penny was about the same size as your girl at 6 months, and she was getting 3/4 scoop per day split into two meals. I think the bag recommends about 1 scoop for that weight as a puppy, or close to it.

I wouldn't switch foods even if she is just being picky- it will encourage her to hold out for something better.You can always switch between ZP flavors though, for some variety.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean that you give her a full scoop of ZP twice a day, using the scoop that comes in the bag? If so, I think that is double what she needs or so. Penny was about the same size as your girl at 6 months, and she was getting 3/4 scoop per day split into two meals. I think the bag recommends about 1 scoop for that weight as a puppy, or close to it.

I wouldn't switch foods even if she is just being picky- it will encourage her to hold out for something better.You can always switch between ZP flavors though, for some variety.
Yeah the scoop that comes in the bag. It said for puppies to double the amount but I thought it was too much. I'll try giving less tomorrow and see if she eats better. She eats it all in the morning no problem so maybe I am just feeding her too much. I will try taking the morning portion and splitting it into two and see if she eats both that way. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts