Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same!!! lol. surely this article is just the lazy way lol plus it would still get warm lol x

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I wouldnt have one myself.
I change their water regularly throughout the day, and always with each new meal.
They get fed 4 times a day so no need.
x

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'd never get one..my pups always have fresh water. It's great for some cats/dogs who will only drink out of the faucet & refuse to drink out of a bowl of still water. However, I believe even that could be turned around with proper training. ;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
My mother has something similar but not as big, hers looks like a bowl with a bottle attached, as the water in the bowl goes down it fills up with the water from the bottle from the bottom. The plus to this is that your dog always has water.

On the negative side which I think is more important than the plus is that you can't see how much your dog is drinking.
So if they are not well and not drinking as much you'd never know.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Seen them in pet stores,you have to plug them in to the electric ???? not very safe in my opinion.Say the dog started to eat the wire ? who's got a plug near the ground in the kitchen ????

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It's really bad to have your dogs drink out of plastic, anyway. The chemicals leach out into the water over time which not only can contribute to health problems, but can cause a dog's nose color to fade as well. I just stay far, far away from plastic!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I had thought about one, simply because we have well water now and I thought it would be cheaper in the long run than buying them bottled water all the time. I'm paranoid about giving them any tap water lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's really bad to have your dogs drink out of plastic, anyway. The chemicals leach out into the water over time which not only can contribute to health problems, but can cause a dog's nose color to fade as well. I just stay far, far away from plastic!
This is what I've been looking for tonight. All 3 of my dogs, each in succession, have had noses fade very quickly after I adopted them. People have been telling me it might be the Science Diet I have always fed. Or that is was reduced sun exposure, after they began living in the house.

Although I have always fed out of stainless, looking back I think the water bowls have all been plastic.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I used to use bowls but i was ALWAYS topping them up with 2 large cats and bella.

I got a water fountain and they LOVE it, they drink alot more and the water is cleaner :), im really happy with it. Mine isn't quite like that. We paid around £20 ($30) so i thought it was well worth the money. i top it up every couple of days with a litre of water and it filters itself. I clean it once a week.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
We have one in the cupboard - Pippi was scared of it!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts